Platform 9 3/4

Lily's POV

I could cry right now. I remember Harry being born like it was yesterday and now he was off to Hogwarts. A place where I couldn't keep an eye on him. 

We took him to Kings Cross this morning, leaving Julie behind. It broke my heart to leave her there but Squibs can't get onto the platform, when James and I told her, she looked as though she had already suspected this. She really is strong for someone so young. They all are in their own ways.

We saw Molly Weasley at the platform, we knew each other from the Order and she had a boy who was around Harry's age called Ron going for his first year too. I saw the boys laughing and it eased my nerves a tad.

Molly also has a daughter the same age as Lucy, they look a lot alike with the same red hair and seem to be developing a friendship. I get the feeling the Potters will be seeing a fair bit of the Weasley clan over the next few years.

I'll admit, James had to pull me off of Harry when I hugged him goodbye. It was harder than I thought it would be to let him go, he was the easy going one of my children, that was for sure. They all had tempers but I'll miss his funny comments around the house. 

I made him promise to write home and he swore he would.

It was only then I was able to let him go.

"Oh, he'll be fine Lils," James had said, coming behind me to wrap his arms around my waist, "you know Hogwarts was the best time of our lives," he whispered into my shoulder and I smiled, recalling those memories.

I had to disagree with James on it being the 'best time of our lives' though, every day, my life got a little bit better because of my children, and my wonderful husband.

I felt so happy, I had to turn around and kiss him straight on the mouth, he made a noise in surprize before I felt him smirk and kiss me right back.

"Um, EW!" We broke away at Lucy's protest and James laughed as he launched himself at her and scooped her up to smother her with kisses.

We probably made quite a scene, first as a loved up couple then as a family who didn't know how to behave in public, what with Lucy's screaming protests and my honking laugh. I didn't care about what anyone else thought, though.

Lucy's POV

"My brother, Harry is a pain in the backside but at least he shows emotion. My sister Julie just dreams and drifts around the place and nothing ever seems to phase her, even though she's a Squib," I told my new friend, Ginny.

Ginny gasped, "Is she really?" she asked, "that's so awful! She must be so sad all the time!" she said, frowning.

I shook my head "Nope," I said, popping the P, "She just acts as though it's normal, I mean she cried at first but Mum told her there was nothing wrong at all about being a Squib and she hasn't cried about it since," I explained.

Ginny looked thoughtful for a moment. "I mean, maybe she does get really upset about it, she just hides it from the rest of you, that's what I would do anyway," she said.

I blinked, I never thought about it like that before, I always just thought Julie was fine with not having magic, sometimes I thought she even felt like she was better than us. Maybe I was wrong.

"Why don't you ask her about it?" Ginny suggested, reading my face, "I'll bet talking about it will help you two get closer, I've always wanted a sister," she explained.

I nodded, I'd never thought of anyone being jealous of the fact that I had a sister either.

"I mean, you can always come over some time," I offered shyly. I grinned when she nodded enthusiastically.