s e v e n

Despite astronomy being cancelled, Ariel made her way up the stairs to it's assigned tower. She had to get a breath of fresh air, or let some of her frustrations out.

She didn't want in a 'relationship' with him, and she couldn't see why he would either. The occasional snog was all fun and games but constantly having to make sure Tom wasn't around when she talked to other boys was tiring.

She reached her desired location and placed her satchel down on the floor. She had smartly came with her jumper tied around her waist for if the weather got too chilly. She slipped it on and sat beside the ledge at the edge of the tower. The sky was beautiful and it was a shame astronomy was cancelled or else it would have been a great joy looking at all the constellations. 

Ariel looked up and noticed Orion's belt gleaming back at her. She smiled as Orion Black came into mind. She didn't know him all that well, just that he was a friend of Tom's and that he played as a beater in the Slytherin Quidditch Team.

She was at peace, until footsteps were heard stomping up the stairs. Ariel furrowed her eyebrows, but didn't move. She chose to ignore whoever it was and keep admiring the sky.

This was proven to be in vain once no other than Tom Riddle came in and sat himself next to her.

"Tom." Ariel nodded, acknowledging his presence. Tom looked at her, as if studying her and didn't look away until Ariel spoke again. "What is it you want? I can tell you didn't come up here to stargaze."

"Show me." He monotonously said. Ariel just sighed and cocked her head to the side to look at him. He was already staring at her with the same look he had before.

"Show you what." It wasn't a question. She knew what he wanted. She knew he wanted to experience her powers in person. She wanted him to ask her like a decent human being.

"Show me your powers, Ariel. Show me, and tell me how you do it." He almost looked ready to beg but Ariel knew better. He was too proud.

"I shall show you. I, however, cannot tell you how I do it, for even I don't know." Ariel didn't wait for a response before taking out her wand and conjuring a glass of water.

She placed her wand back down, and looked at Tom. He was looked at Ariel's hands with anticipation and Ariel almost smiled.

She waved her index finger, and a small, golden wisp came out of it before curling itself around the water in the glass and moulding it so it will form a sphere of pure water.

After this was done, she brought her hand closer to her chest and the sphere of water raised out of the cup and floated in mid-air, waiting for Ariel's command.

At this point, Tom was figuratively on his toes with excitement, although he tried not to show this. His face was illuminated by the golden wisps coming out of Ariel's hands, and to Ariel he looked intoxicating.

She let the water drop before drying it from the floor with her wand and getting rid of the cup. Tom looked back up at her.

"That's it? That's all you can do?" He questioned, and Ariel chuckled.

"No. But it is all I can show. You know too much already, Tom." Ariel looked back up at the sky and sighed in contentment.

Tom was anything but content.
"Ariel Verde. I swear to god I am not up to your-" She shushed him with a finger, and for once he listened. His eyes still held rage though.

Ariel pointed to the sky at a particular constellation, and motioned for Tom to follow her finger. He sneered but did anyway, and that is when Ariel started talking.

"That's Sirius. I quite like that name. I may name one of my future kids that actually." Ariel smiled slightly and lay down on her back. Tom did the same willingly.

"Kids? You really want a boring life where you graduate, fall in love, get married and have kids. Really?" Tom asked.

"I didn't say I want to lead that life Tom. I said I wanted a kid, but you really gotta blow that out of proportion." Ariel scoffed.

"It's what I do best." Tom said with the hint of a laugh in his voice. Ariel's heart felt elated, for never in all her life. Never in all the years she spent with Tom, never had he ever looked as satisfied as he did now.

And under the pale moonlight, with the stars twinkling in the vast sea of black, Ariel wondered why.

Ariel wondered why Tom looked at her that way, late in the night and under the gleaming starlight.

•••

A/N - A fluffy chapter to make up for the last lacking chapter. BUT DON'T WORRY, THINGS WILL GET DRAMATIC SO IT ALL ISN'T OBLIVIOUS ARIEL AND GOOGLY EYED TOMMY BOY.