II. Amnesia

Forgetting her was the hardest thing. But I let her stay

It's been what? Four years? Four years ko na siyang mahal, four years na din akong nasasaktan. Well, ako na nga ang dakilang banban. Pero kasi, you just can't turn back from her. I mean, she was the first girl I've ever loved, that I'm still loving. And the whole world knows that I'm a gay, and the whole world knows that she is goddamn married.

Trying to forget our promises was hard. That's why I let it stay.

And worst, she was married with the man she truly loves. Well, it's really marriage anyway. But the fact that it wasn't me infront of her, confessing infront of the altar. It kills me ... so much.

---
"Oh Vice? Tatayo lang tayo diyan?" it was her. Si Karylle na tumatawa pa. I was standing infront of her now sa tapat ng dressing room niya. Paano ako napunta dito?!

"A-ah, ano k-kasi, ah... Yayain s-sana kita magkape." nauutal? Yeah, I'm still the banban one.

"Well? Treat mo?!" with her coy smile that was really cute.

"Oo naman! Ako nga ang mang-aaya diba!" magiliw na sagot ko at tinuro pa ang sarili ko.

"Tara!" and she grabbed my wrist at tumakbo siya, kasama na ako na nagpapahila lang sa kanya na nakatngin lang sa kamay niya.

She's kuripot kaya mahilig siyang, siya yung nililibre. But I still love her anyway. I still love her.

---
Trying to forget my days with her kills me. That's why I let it stay.

It was just one of our all shared memories, happy memories that keeps me wondering how can't she notice that I was inlove with her?

Wasn't it already obvious that I want to cherish my whole life with her?

We kissed, hindi lang hanggang smack that we are almost to doing 'it'! We cuddle in one bed hugging each other. We're like in a relationship but then we're not. But still, she keeps on saying that I was really a good FRIEND.

Trying to forget her words was difficult. That's why I let is stay.

Tell me if friends with an opposite gender sleep in one bed, cuddling? Tell me if friends with opposite gender kiss like we do?
Tell me if I was treating all my friends the way I treat her?
Tell me if we're still friends when I was already inlove with her.

Until...

"Next month we wed, and the new chapter begins..."

Trying to forget those heartaches are so hard. That's why I let it stay.

My whole world falls apart, while staring at my TV screen. I was actually expecting for this, but I never expected that it would hurt too much.

And the day after she become Mrs. Yuzon. I told her everything...

"Karylle, mahal kita. I don't know why, where, when, or how. But it just clicked in my head that I'm deeply inlove with you."

"V-Vice?" she was crying. Both of us were crying.

"I just want you to know this thing. Kasi hirap akong itago yung totoo. I'm not asking you to love me back, but I also wish for it. I just really wanted you to know about this. But if you love me the way I love you. You would run away with me."

"V-Vice, mahal ko si Yael."

"But you love me too."

"I loved you not the way you wanted. Aaminin nahulog din ako sa iyo, but I was hoping for you to catch me, but it was Yael! At ngayon mo ako kukunin na ikakasal na ako?!"