"Look at all these familiar names Sheriff William Forbes, Mair Bengeminm Lockwood, is that Damon Salvatore and Stefan Salvatore." I looked up at Stefan confused.

"The original Salvatore brothers." I turned and saw Damon with Careline walking up to us, I rolled my eyes. "Our ancestors. A tragic story actually."

"We don't need to bore them with stories of the past."

"It's not boring Stefan I would love to hear more about your family." Elena told Stefan.

"And I'm just nosey, soo." I told them and Care smiled at me.

"Well I'm bored, I want to dance and Damon won't dance with me. Could I just borrow your date?" She asked Elena.

"Oh ah."

"I don't really dance." Stefan told her.

"Oh sure he does you should see him waltz, the jidder bug, the moonwalk he does it all." Damon told us.

"You wouldn't mind would you Elena?"

"It's up to Stefan."

"Well sorry but I'm not taking no for an answer." Care dragged Stefan away. Just great now it was only me, Elena and Damon.

"So what's the tragic story, Damon?" I asked him just wanting to get this over with.

"Well let's just say that the brothers in the Salvatore family are cursed with sibling rivalry. And it all started with the original Salvatore brothers. The Salvatore name is practically royalty in this town until the war, there was a battle here-"

Elena butted in. "The battle of Willow creek."

"Right."

"I know. We talked about it in class. Confederate soldiers fired on a church with civilians inside."

"What the history books left out was that the people who were killed they weren't there by accident. They were believed to be union sympathisers. So some of the founders on the Confederating side wanted them rounded up and burned alive." Damon told us while walking to a model of the church that got burned down and we followed. "Stefan and Damon had someone they loved very much in that church, and when they went to rescue them they were shot. Murdered in cold blood."

"Who was in the church that they wanted to save?" I asked him.

"A women. I guess. Doesn't it always come down to the love of a woman?"

"Look I'm sorry that you and Stefan have this thing between you but I can't get in the middle of it, Damon. I just hope that you two can work it out." Elena told him sincerely.

"I hope so too." He smiled at her.

"Well, I'm going to check on Stefan and Caraline." Elena walked off. Fuck, I was ok when it was the 3 of us but now it's only him and me.

"Look Damo-"

"I want to apologise to you for being such a world class jerk the other night when I tried to kiss you there's no excuse. I'm sorry Kitty."

"Your right there isn't but I'll accept your apology this once." I said smiling at Damon and he smiled back.

"Good cause I need my friend back."

"Friend. Well, Day I'm very honoured to have this title as your friend." I laughed and so did he.

"What are you two laughing about?" I turned around and saw Tyler standing there.

"Oh, Ty. This is my friend Damon. Damon this is-"

"Her boyfriend, Tyler." He told Damon while one hand snaked around my waist, pulling me into him and another reached out to shake Day's hand. Boyfriend. I didn't know we were official. Damon shook his hand.