chapter 3

Javier's POV

I was angry, not even a bottle of my favorite Scotch could calm me down. If I don't calm down soon, my room and all the priceless artifacts inside will become dust.

Someone knocked on my door; I Ignored it, I didn't want to see anyone, not even my mom, I am not in my right mind now, and could do or say things I would regret later.

But apparently, the person knocking didn't get the hint, and kept on disturbing me. I knew it wasn't my mom she always respected my privacy.

Oh, this person has a death wish.

I threw another vase at the wall as I stomped to the door and opened it. I met a little white maid standing or more like squirming there.

"What is it, what the hell is it?" I bellowed angrily at her.

"Sir... Mr. Mon-tenegro is here," She managed to stutter out.

"What?-" I asked barely hearing what she just said.

"Come on man; do you want her to tell?" A bold voice boomed. As I looked up, I saw a gelled dark haired man with striking gray eyes staring at me. His hands were in his pocket, and he had a shit-eating grin on his face. "I mean, look at her! She already looks like she is one step away from a bloody heart attack!" He continued as he placed his hand on the little maid shoulder. She shivered at his touch, and I could see he was struggling not to laugh.

I immediately retreated to the room, leaving the door open for him to come in. I had even forgotten that I asked Clyde over.

"You were enjoying that, weren't you?" I asked as I poured us a drink from the half empty Scotch glass bottle.

He threw his head back as he gave out a hearty laugh. Clyde always does that whenever he is genuinely amused or happy. He always throws his head back and gave out a good booming laugh. It always embarrassed me back in high school; the guy couldn't just chuckle. It's either that or nothing.

"You are quite a handful you know, soon you would be called Hades," He said taking the Scotch out my hand, and sipping it.

"I don't care," I say truthfully, I didn't care what anybody thought about me, there are only two people that their opinion about me matters; my mom and my dad. I am always trying to measure up to me dad standards and not be a disappointment to him, while my mom is like my best friend; she loves me for me and understands me as much as Clyde over here.

"OK, so am I supposed to be panicking about the fact that you called me out of my home at 9 am or that your room looks like a place where two squirrels battled over who gets the to mate with the lady squirrel?" He said seriously as he sat in my armchair and crossed his legs. 

I gave a light chuckle which disappeared almost immediately it surfaced; Yeah, Clyde had a twisted sense of humor.

"Clyde there is a problem," I said as all the anger that I had managed to calm, came rising to the surface again, I mean, come on! My dad fucking slapped me!.

"Yea, I figured, and I know Dad got involved, so what happened?" He asked in a full on serious face. He is like a brother and son to this family and me, he knows about everything that goes on with me and our household. He has been my best friend for 19 years.

"Kristen," I said pacing up and down, I didn't like that name now, I just wanted to--

"Kristen?" Clyde asked a bit retaken, "Ah, the beautiful sexy princess, A.K.A your fiancée, what's up with her and what has she got to do with this?" He said, motioning to my scattered room.