Chapter 12

Your P.O.V

"Good morning." I exclaimed as I walked inside, and he looked up. "I see you're doing better." He muttered, and I nodded.

"Yeah, sorry. I threw up yesterday morning, and didn't want to get you sick." I lied through my teeth, but it was for a good reason.

"Clary told me you had a horrible fever and could barely stand up, did you throw up on the bed or something?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow.

"Uh... I could barely move after I threw up!" I explained as I rubbed the back of my neck in a nervous manner.

He only rolled his eyes and motioned towards a piece of paper on his desk. I grabbed it with eager hands and read it before bowing and quickly leaving.

"That was so awkward." I whispered to myself after I shut the door.

I shifted my sight to the paper in my hands and started reading it, dreading the chores but knowing I had to do them anyway.

- Bring meals
- Sweep study
- Leave alone until instructed otherwise

With a sigh, I continued to walk down the hallway to reach the kitchen and grab his breakfast.

When I got there, I was surprised to see Riva washing a pile of dishes with her hands buried in the bubbles in the sink.

"Hey Riva!" I called out, and she looked over her shoulder before smiling.

"Good morning (Y/N). Did you sleep well?" She asked, and I nodded.

"I did. Thank you for yesterday though. I'm sorry I just showed up out of the blue, but you were the only person I could think of for help." I said shyly. She shook her head as she waved her hands in front of me. "It's absolutely no problem at all! I swear! Anytime." She nervously replied, and I nodded with an eyes closed warm smile.

She returned the smile and motioned towards the plate on the island. "That's Master Zane's food. I made his favorite." She explained, and I nodded with a soft smile.

"Thanks Riva." I said, and she nodded before returning to the dishes. I grabbed the plate before placing it on a silver tray and filled a pitcher with water.

I set the pitcher to the side and got an empty cup before filling it with ice and putting the proper silverware beside the plate.

With one final wink to Riva, I was walking out of the door and to Master Zane's study.

I looked down, and almost burst out laughing. Zane Ro'meave, a man most known because of the rumors that label him as a mass murderer and total jerk wad that probably didn't even experience a single hug in his life, has a favorite breakfast.

It's pineapple upside down pancakes with powdered sugar. With a snicker, I continued my walk.

With my feet clicking against the floor, and my smile never fading, I opened the door and set his tray on the oak desk.

After pouring the water from the pitcher into his glass, I bowed with my ever present smile and left, leaving to grab the broom.

The echoing in the halls gave them an eerie feel, and the dark hall in front of me didn't help either.

As I walked down it, I felt as if I was being spied on, but shook it off as sweat trailed down the back of me neck.