9 - 1 & 1/2 Years Later

The two married men became even closer than they have ever been. Knowing all about each other, what they like to eat, their past, etc.. It took a while, but knowing everything there is to know about each other.

They became closer and more in love with each other as the days went by. Today... today was different. Today was a special day indeed.

Paul and Patryk went to a special place in the afternoon. It looked almost like a church. Which I don't know why gay men would go to a church??? Idk, I saw a lesbian couple at mine once. :0

They held hands while meeting with an older man named Steve, who was in charge. Generic name, I know.

"Hello." Paul approached him. "We're here to finalize the adoption. We signed every paper you wanted us to."

"Alright, sounds great. You two are here for Pete, huh?" Steve asked, smiling a little at the two.

"Yes. That's exactly who we're here for." Patryk nodded.

"Right this way." He nodded, pulling the two over to the crib.

"We'll finalize the payment in a week. But now, he's yours."

Steve picked up the young baby from the crib, handing him to both of them. They both glanced at each other, then they both took the baby gently with their hands. Patryk smoothed his soft hair while Paul hugged his chest to him.

"Welcome home, Pete." They both muttered at the same time.

They settled everything with Steve, then got to driving home. Both Patryk and Pete fell asleep on the car ride home. He was just so happy...

Paul smiled at his sleeping husband, then kissed his cheek at a red light.

They came home and brought the baby home with them. They put the baby in the bed, who was still sound asleep, and sat on the couch together watching cartoons. They cuddled and soon Patryk was on top of Paul. They began kissing each other and snuggling in each others' chest as they heard the baby start wailing. Oh boy, they were prepared.

The two rushed to the room, Paul picking up the crying baby. He instantly calmed down, reaching up for his father. It calmed both the baby and Paul down. He touched his tiny little hands, which grasped onto his index finger.

"Aw, he likes you already." Pat smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Let's see how he does with you, dude." Paul lifted him up and gave him to Patryk.

The baby didn't seem to impressed, but was calmed to have him watching over him. He cuddled onto Pat's chest.

"Awww... he loves you too." Paul smiled. "I can see why, you're pretty calming."

"Thanks, Paul." Pat teared up joyfully. "I just... I can't believe we're parents now. After all this work of getting different kids, it just makes me... satisfied."

"Hey, our 2 year anniversary is coming up." Paul told him. "Should we go somewhere sometime and get Tord to babysit?"

"Tord would just let him watch hentai or some shit, so no." Pat answered, grinning awkwardly.

"What about...? Ooh! Tord's secretary, Lillian? She seems so sweet and she'd be great with kids."

"That works. When should we go?"

"Soon, Pat. The night of our anniversary would be the best night." Paul kissed his cheek.

"It's so cool. We've been married two years and we still love each other till our hearts' content. I'm so happy to be with you, Patryk." They both hugged, getting the baby in there.

Tord and a bunch of others were invited to their house the next night to see the baby. Pete was getting a lot of interaction from the party goers, and he didn't necessarily like all of it.

Tord seemed happy with it, as he put his arm around both Paul and Patryk.

"Hey, soldiers. I was thinking that you guys could do routined work for me." Tord shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Paul asked.

"I mean that one of you works a full day, then one of you works the next day, and it's a cycle until the weekend." Tord recommended to his troops.

"That sounds good. But we need to spend a one month paternity leave with him so he grows with both of us. Does that sound good?"

"Yeah, I don't really care." Tord shrugged, smiling at the baby. "Wow, he sure likes you guys."

"We got him yesterday, and we've been doing a good job as parents, we'd think." Pat smiled.

Tord got a machine gun out, somewhat scaring the two.
"Hey, I don't have a sword, but can I knight you in my respect?"

"S-sure. As long as there's no ammo." Paul told him.

"Trust me, it's been empty for ages. It was my first machine gun. So, y'know, kneel you two."

They did as told, looking up every once in a while.

"I knight you of the highest honor of the Red Army. You two have gone above and beyond for me. And it's time for me to return the favor. Congrats for getting the baby you two, you earned it."

"Thanks boss." Paul smiled.

"Don't thank me too much or I'll un-knight you." Tord sneered.

"Right right." Patryk gritted his teeth.

Alyce was there, the wife of the homophobe named Mangus (I can't believe she's still with him), was there, and began to walk over to Paul, Pat, and the baby in their hands.

"Wow, congrats you guys." Alyce smiled. "You guys did amazing work. I'm so proud of you both and I hope that you become excellent fathers." Her stomach was bulging out a little bit, as if she had been pregnant.

"Oh? You're going to have a baby?" Pat asked, looking at her stomach.

"Oh, yes. We found out 6 months ago. And we found out recently that it's a girl."

"Good for you, Alyce." Paul smiled. "Hope Mangus is doing well."

"He's doing quite fine." Alyce nodded. "Oh, I better go. Have fun with the baby you two."

"Will do!" They both answered in sync as she left the door. The two then sauntered into their room, hugged each other, and put young Pete in the middle, who was muttering baby gibberish.

"Goodnight, Pete." Paul said to him, kissing his cheek. He began stuttering the letter G.

"Hm? What is it kiddo?"

"G-g-g...good n-night." He said.

"Patryk!!" Paul's face lightened up with joy. "Did you hear that!?"

"Yes I did." He smiled as he turned off the light beside him and went to sleep. As did Paul.

To be continued...