6 - Marriage

It was the day of the wedding. Oh boy.

Paul arrived with a tired expression, in a fancy tux. He had a bow tie, basically as formal as it gets, really interested in what Patryk was gonna wear.

Paul was panicking. More than panicking. He ran around the halls, having a scared look on his face. This was going to be a good day, and his stressful actions had to make sure of it.

Paul rushed his ass onto the alter, seeing the priest looking like the man had sinned. And according to religious beliefs, he did.

Tord looked confused as he looked over at the groom. Paul seemed a little off today, and Tord noticed. He approached him, hoping that he wouldn't be extremely weird.

"Um, Paul? You've been acting a little strange today." Tord told him, looking at him. "I wanted to make sure you're ok."

Paul smiled at him, sweating a little. "Thanks for the concern, but I'm fine. Just stressed is all."

Tord looked aghast. He never had seen someone like this on their wedding day. "Stressed? This is supposed to be the happiest day of your life! Why on earth are you stressed??"

Paul sighed as he replied. "I can't find Patryk anywhere."

"Oh... oh dear." The leader looked quite shocked, but then recovered. "Well, we can help you look for him. He's sure to be around somewhere."

Paul shrugged. "You never know though. But yeah, you may have a point." He nodded. Then he proceeded to wait patiently for his beautiful groom.

Seconds turned into minutes. And fast. Time was running out. Had Pat forgotten...?

Paul had gotten a little worried, tears in his eyes. He tried to make it not noticeable, but he couldn't help it. A couple of tears ran down his face, for he had lost a bit of hope. Patryk was full of surprises.

The organ started to play the famous "Here Comes The Bride". And the song was right. Patryk. The soldier came out in a white dress and a clear veil in the front of his face. He smiled once he saw Paul. His groom wiped his tears away, laughing quietly once he saw Patryk walking next to him at the alter. He then hugged him, while listening to their vows.

"Marriage. Marriage is what brings us together today."

Well, I would type more, but I don't remember. Anyways, the pope gave them their rings. They each helped the other put theirs on.

"Do you, Patryk, take Paul to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?" The pope recited. I recited this off of the top of my head so if I'm wrong, don't correct me. :(

"I...I do." Patryk smiled big at him, locking his hands with Paul.

"And do you, Paul, take Patryk to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I, of course, do." Paul smiled big at his fiancé, and soon to be husband.

"Now, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you man and husband." The pope looked ecstatic. "I extremely love working with couples like you." He whispered to them, making them both beam. It seems like someone of the religious side knew that homophobia wasn't the best. Coughmyparentscough. "You may NOW kiss the groom."

Pat got his veil removed by Paul as he kissed Patryk right on the lips. Everyone in the crowd went wild as Patryk and Paul exchanged their love. Paul then let go as both of them smiled big, both of them laughing with delight.

Tord hugged both of them, smiling big. His soldiers were doing great on their own. And they got married! What an excitement!

"Congratulations, you two fuckers." Tord smiled. "You actually steered this plane. And it didn't crash, Patryk."

Patryk, being the one in the dress, felt targeted.

"Heh, I'm just joking. You two are on your own now. I'll limit your guys' work days to help you to get settled."

Paul beamed at him. "R-really? Wow, boss, I'm flattered! But you don't have to do this for us, really."

"You're right, Paul. I didn't have to." Tord smiled. "But I wanted to." Oh, Tord, you softie.

"Thank you so much, boss." Paul hugged him.

"Don't thank me too much or I just might change my mind." Tord pushed him off.

"O-oh, sorry." Paul looked embarrassed.

A few moments later, while Paul and Pat were finishing eating their cake slices, the wedding ended and it was all over. Paul and Patryk were laying on the hill, holding hands with each other.

"Do you think we should try and manage an apartment for the two of us for now? Or something bigger like a one story house?" Pat asked his husband.

"I dunno. Probably a small apartment for now. I mean, both of our money together isn't that much." Paul shrugged, looking at him.

"True true. There's something you should know.." Pat said.

"What? What is it babe?" Paul asked, looking concerned.

"The first wedding cake designer...didn't really like us for being gay. And I took it really badly. That's why I was crying the other day.." Patryk sniffled.

"Hey, heyyy..." Paul hugged Patryk as his tears raced down his cheeks. He hoped to comfort Pat. "It's ok. It's their fucking loss anyways." He smiled big at him.

Patryk wiped his tears away. "I g-guess you're right. I'm just being emotional again." He shrugged.

"Hey, it's ok to be emotional. I am too." He smiled as he kissed Patryk's cheek. "It's ok to let things get to you."

Patryk nodded, sniffling a little. "I guess you're right. Only you can make that better for me, Paul. Patryk rested on his chest, closing his eyes with a smile. He felt warm and fuzzy as he felt his husband's hand, extremely happy. Paul kissed Pat's hair as he proceeded to close his eyes as well, actually falling asleep.

Pat laughed a little, carrying Paul to his house. He used his keys, the sneaky bastard he is, to get him in the house. He locked the door and laid Paul down, snuggling next to him as he slowly fell asleep next to his husband.