Chapter 17

"The trouble is, you think you have time"

-Buddha-

***

Ludovic's P.O.V

~A long Time Ago~

I decided that it would be best to do it as soon as possible, I cannot imagine how my life would turned out if she is gone, I cannot bear with the heartbreaking pain of losing her, and even though she will hate me for this, I am willing too be hated for a temporary moment.

Today is the day, I am currently on the horse ride, about to pay her a visit on her house, and truthfully, I am still thinking about how I am going to do it without hurting her too much.

I get it, I am a selfish being, but perhaps this is a retribution for what I have done to countless women before her, but I feel the need to go against Fate, and if it is what I should do, then I will do it.

I arrive at her home. Her house is just a nice little house made out of wood. But do not let it fool you, because she has made it so beautiful, even a Royalty would love to reside on her home. There is a massive sized garden around her house, because she loves gardening and growing her own plants, for her cooking addiction as well, and she also has a small farm area on the corner of her land where she raises her chicken, sheeps, and horses.

What amuses me is the fact that she never kills any of her animals, she is to gentle to do that, and so she only takes their eggs and wools. She is the kind of woman who can't even hurt a single being.

Maybe that is why I love her, because she is the opposite of me.

I get off from my horse and slowly walk into her house, and I take a deep breath before knocking on her door.

No response

I wait for a while and I am getting extremely worried, I am a naturally impatience person but this is just getting worse.

I move my hand and use my power to unlock the door and when I step inside the house, there is only silence. I try to use my senses to detect where she could possibly be at and I smell fresh blood coming from her bedroom.

I use my vampiric speed and I can feel her pain from within, her room door is locked as well, which is why I have to use my power again to open it.

But what I see next is the most painful thing I have ever seen in my whole life.

I see her struggling for her dear life on her bed, I could feel her pulse slowly weakening as blood drops from her neck. Whoever did this has to be a vampire as well, and he or she didn't finish the drinking part which leaves her still alive, and half dying.

It looks like that person wishes for me to see this, to see her in pain.

I quickly approach her and I hold her hands.

"Desdemona, no, no, who did this to you ?"

She is panting heavily from the lack of oxygen. She was already dying, yet someone wishes to quicken her seat.

Who the hell dare to do this !?

"Ludovic..." she says in a low tone. She is flinching from the pain and I can see life slowly getting out from her.

"Desdemona, who did this to you, please, do not die, I need you, please let me turn you into a vampire now, it's not too late, please..."

"It's too... late... I was dying... sooner, or later..."

She says as she takes a pause in between her sentences.

She slowly moves her hand to my face and with a sad look, she smiles, as she slowly caresses my cheek.

"Do not... live in grief... I... I... love... you..."

Those are her last words before she slowly closes her beautiful eyes leaving me with her soul less body. She has gone completely cold thanks to the rapid loss of her blood as well.

I do not know what to think. If I could cry, I would cry, but honestly, I cannot even cry right now. I feel like a part of me has gone. My feelings are all gone.

And all of a sudden, all I can feel is anger. Anger built up inside me quicker than my own breathing. I cannot think properly and all I wish to do right now is destroy,

That's right, I have to destroy everything, because after all, there is no point to the world anymore. There is no point of holding it in anymore. My power, is overbearing inside of me.

And before I realize it, it's coming out.

I can feel the ground starts to shake, and the cloud is getting dark, letting go of a heavy rain and thunderstorm, along with the whirlwind and typhoon. I can feel it inside of me.

If the most important and precious person, the one who lights up my world, is gone, there is no more point of the others living as well.

I can hear the yelping of the animals, the screams of people, as their house begins to crumble.

I can her shouts from inside this house, even from the far distance, I can hear people screaming for their own life, I can hear tears as people lose their beloved ones.

I know exactly the consequences of this power, I was cursed since birth with such a terrifying power. For thousands of years, I have tried to control it. I hated myself for it, and I have always tried to be good, even toward those humans.

But it's not worth it anymore,

I hug her lifeless body right to me, preventing any harm from entering this home, as my beloved rest peacefully in my arm, and my anger wouldn't fade as I close my eyes.

The power starts to consume me, darkening my vision.

That's right, I do not care anymore.

I will destroy them all !

It's because of them, she is gone.

Whether it's humans or vampires, none of them are free of the guilt.

She is dead because the humans couldn't treat her, they couldn't find a cure for her, that is why she is dying.

And now, She is dead because a vampire killed her !

Right, the vampire who killed her, I would find him, and I would kill him with my own hands. Whether he is a low rank or a royalty, I do not care anymore.

Darkness has consumed me, the darkness I have always suppressed.

I embrace it now.