Chapter 16

"Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners to their own mind"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt -

***

Diana's P.O.V

It is strange how a simple thing that I used to do in the past becomes a privilege for me at the present. I wear my red flowy dress and my pump shoes and for the first time in a while I get to leave this palace. I think it is fair considering what has happened these past few days, and Ludovic knows better than his action.

I am still upset at him, because why can't I ? He took the mating process without my consent, he deserves to be ignored.

I need fresh air, this place is like a golden cage, and I feel like a prisoner here.

But today Ludovic has promised to take me out on his kingdom. Now his kingdom area is blended in with the human's area, only the vampires has the knowledge of the kingdom, and even though the citizens of his kingdoms live alongside the humans on the same area, the humans are not under his reign.

And because of our condition, I can only get out from the palace when the sun almost sets. But that's better than trying to expose myself in the sun and end up getting sick.

Ludovic is wearing a long black coat and a long pants to blend in with the rest of people, I mean I am sure that will be pretty hard since he stands up from the crowd not only because he is extremely pale, but also because he has one of the most handsome face ever.

As soon as the sky turns red, I and Ludovic head out along with two guards, because I told him that I do not wish to have guards around, but even I know it would be impossible for a supernatural royalty to go out without any guards, so two was a fine bet.

I kind of prefer the old good days, it's not like the kingdom is located on a crowded city area to begin with, it's just, back then, there were a lot of empty spaces all around and everything was done the traditional way which had cultural influence on them, but now on the modern age, not a lot of interesting things can be seen again with the curiosity of a child.

We head to the evening market because that is the place I am most interested in, the market still opens until night time, and it's like an all day bazaar, there are stores lining on the streets and everything just looks very neat and some of the older stores still has the vintage vibe on them which brings back memories.

One disadvantage of being immortal is the fact that you have to adapt to the new changes over and over again, and not all of us can really accept it. Some just hate the change to the point they rather kill themselves than facing the changes.

I walk around and enter the stores one by one. Most of the stores are cultivated by humans, I can rarely see any vampires here except for one or two who act as the customers.

Ludovic is definitely not enjoying himself, I don't know what it is but it seems like being near all of these humans cause him to feel sick. I am pretty sure that is not the case for a vampire, but he looks really uncomfortable near them, especially the female ones.

I wonder why ?

We enter the bakery store where I buy a few breads for myself and Ludovic. I don't know whether he likes it or not but he shod try humans' food more, I know they are delicious and it doesn't kill us, so why not ?