Chapter 13

"The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves"

-William Penn-

***

Diana's P.O.V

I knock on Lance's room door and hoping that he will open it. There is silence for a while before the doorknob opens, revealing a sad looking Lance. His face looks like it has lost hope even though heaven knows that word has long been lost from his dictionary. His bandaged hands is still bleeding, it seems like he hasn't changed it just yet.

"Can I get in ?"

He stays silence, but then he nods his head and moves his body so I can walk in. I look around and decide to sit on the edge of his bed and I ask him to do the same as well as soon as he closed the door.

"You haven't changed your bandage since last night, right ? Let me do it for you" I tell him and he hesitates a bit as he stares at me as if he wants to say something.

"What ?" I ask him and he remains silence.

"Don't worry, I won't get thirsty just by the scent of your blood, I won't bite" I tell him as I slowly touches his hand and moves it. He remains quiet as I slowly unwrap his bandages and i stand up and walk to get some fresh bandages but before I can do that, he grabs my hand causing me to turn my head and he pulls me closer to him and slowly moves my hand to his neck.

"What are you doing !?" I say with hesitation in my voice. Lance stares at me with a gaze filled with so much emotions I do not understand. How can I not understand his gaze ?

It's one of those gaze of longing, and I should pretend I do not understand, so that I don't have to feel guilty of not being able to give him what he wants.

"Let me go" I say in a low voice, trying to keep Ludovic from hearing it, because he will definitely be mad about it.

But Lance grabs a small knife from his pocket and slightly slit his own shoulder, causing fresh blood to drip from his shoulder.

"What are you doing !?" I say with a gasp on my face. What is he trying to do right now ?

"Drink me" he says in a low, whispery tone.

Okay, he must have lost his mind. This man... this man is losing his mind. Did he accidentally damage his head ? Oh gosh, this is not good. The scent of his blood is going to be smelled by Ludovic and he will be mad.

"I... i can't" I tell him and he looks at me with a disappointed expression.

"Why ?"

"Because I'm married to a possessive butthurt ancient vampire who can kill you at any time" I tell him and he doesn't seem to process it well.

"Just a little, please"

I don't know what I should do now, but I haven't drank blood in almost a month now since arriving here.

I can't help it but to pity him a little bit, with all the guts I have left, I slowly lean in and take a sip from his shoulder.

And that is the trigger line

the door suddenly slam open and I see Ludovic on the other end and his eyes are glowing dark red, a sign that he is furious right now and with a slight movement of his eyes, I was moved away from Lance and the stuff inside the room starts floating in the air.