❥Chapter Twenty-six❥

Written by ChemicalWonderland

Head detective POV

I sit in the living room of my small rancher, watching re-runs of the news displaying the crime scenes of Everett and Ash (I think that's the name of the boy he's with, I heard Everett call him that). The reporters look ashen, and slightly afraid despite the fake smiles they plaster on their faces, trying to make the deaths seem insignificant. The death count grows with each story I watch, going through my DVR again and again and again, hoping to catch some clue that I missed from before. But there's absolutely nothing. Maybe I trained him too well, and now he's using what I taught him against me.

"Police are willing to follow any leads you may have, so if you do have information that could help catch these killers, please, do not hesitate to let law enforcement know," a pretty blonde on the fuzzy screen says, her striking blue eyes watery with tears.

I clench my fist, remote still in hand. Just because I'm not supposed to be following this case anymore doesn't mean I'll forget it's going on. The investigation is useless without my help. If only my co-workers knew my relations to the killers. They'd never believe me though, they already think I'm a crazy guy just grasping at straws. I've made enough calls to them about finding the killers that they think I'm crying wolf! They'll be sorry when I do catch Everett and Ash red-handed!

I just don't know how I'm going to find the boys again. They're sure to not return to their house, it's guarded fairly well by police and it would be like handing themselves over. But I know once I do find them that escape won't be so easy this time. I've narrowed down some motels and abandoned houses that they could be staying at, although it's a rough guess at best, and I've got a collection of weapons in the basement from when I bring them over. I've already bolted down the chairs to cover my mistake from last time, and I'll isolate them from one another so there's no teamwork. I'm jumping with excitement at the prospect that I'll catch my perfect son and his boyfriend! I'll teach him a lesson he'll never forget!

Watch out Everett, because I'm coming for you, and I'll strike when you least expect it.