Finnally...

chapter 8

''Are you ready?'' Kylie firmly and confidently says ''yes''. Mark smiles, liking her enthusiasm. They all hold hand tightly, making a circle, with the chair's that they sit in. Clearing her throat and straightening up, Adora chants ''By all power of Jesus Christ, We all pray, Hear our voices aloud.''

She shortly stops when a blasting amount of fierce air bursts in. Adora's hair and Kylie's hair fly up, and they squint. Mark closes his eyes tight, so that the wind wouldn't go in his eyes. Everything around them shake, like as if there was earthquake racking up the place.

CRACK!

CRASH!

Glasses break as they fall on the ground shattering in a million pieces. Photo frames shake side to side, and is thrown on the ground angrily. Kylie moves her feet closer to each other so that the glass wouldn't puncture her foot.

Adora continues to chant ''we are the one's who call out for your help! Help shed the light and peacefulness all over this home! This spirit does not belong here!'' There was a loud roar that made Mark, Adora, and Kylie's ear's ring loudly and screech.

They shift around the chairs that were trembling from the roar. And eventually, everything slowly calms down. It lowers all at once, and they all looks around the destructed place, panting.

Kylie lets go of there hands gently, and picks up a shard of glass. It gives off a small glare, and dies off like there's no being of life. Adora, looks around, her hair is ruffled of the wind-storm. She eventually breaks into a smile, and Mark opens his eyes. He bats his eyelashes, fixing his blurred vision.

He looks around, and sees everything is shattered, into pieces. His house was ruined. Nothing to be left alive. The house still stood it's ground. Kylie smiles at Adora and they begin laughing happily.

 Mark, looks up at Kylie who was happy and he laughs. There were all laughing out loud, happily. That the  spirit is gone. No dreadful sins. ''the house feels very light, but broken'' says Kylie standing up.

Adora, stands up and Mark does to. They step on the shattered pieces of glass and it makes cracking sound. 

--

''Adora, you really dont have to stay''  Kylie smiles warmly. Adora looks at her as if she were crazy. ''you think in just going to leave here just like this? A wreck?'' Mark grins and kindly says ''it's much of an appreciation, but you should get back to your work'' Adora shouldn't be thinking this, but she felt as if they were hiding something from her. Anyways, it wasn't her place to know.

She shrugs it off. ''alright then..'' Adora sighs. Kylie warmly says ''thank you..for all your wonderful help. It truly means a lot to have something rid of ,when it's consistently irritating you'' Adora makes a pass with her hand as a gesture of 'it's nothing'  

Adora doubts again that they will easily clean this up. ''are you sure?'' 

''Adora''

They both say in unison. Kylie and Mark look at each other smiling. Adora scrunches up her nose and jokes. ''well, y'all have fun, cause y'all wont finish in twenty-years.''

Kylie rolls her eyes playfully and Mark snickers. ''twenty-years? pfff we'll be done before that'' 

Adora walks out the ruined house of mess, and they wave from the window. Kylie sighs a little sad. ''it was nice having her here..'' Mark, rubs  her shoulder as he gazes out the window, watching her leave. ''dont worry.''

--

Eight- Hours later..

''phew!'' Kylie plops herself down on the chair,exhausted. Mark and her managed to get most of the glass off the floor, and from the cabinets. Mark plops down next to her on the brown couch. ''to much work, isn't it?'' Kylie stayed quiet, and gazed at the mirror that was left hanging sideways.

''i feel Adora hasn't told us something..'' Kylie feels uncertain about something. And something wasn't settled properly yet. She stared in deep thought, and Mark interrupts it. ''well, i feel everything has been restored'' Not everything. Kylie looks at him and grins. ''not everything''

Mark snickers and looks at her. ''what's uncertain?'' She looked forward and shrugged her shoulders,unable to give a proper answer. 

---

''sixteen..seventeen eighteen..'' Kylie counts the papers, scanning them with her fingers. She doubted that her passport would be there. She heaved a sigh and places the papers back in the brown portfolio.  She pulled the rubber band over the small knob and the portfolio stayed close.

She rummaged through the brown box, constantly flipping over pilled paper, and documents. Eventually, at the bottom of the box she sees a little green book, that read 'passport'  With the eagle sign on it. Smiling, she scooped it out and let all the pilled papers fall back into the box.

''There you are..'' She flipped through the stale book, and exhales. Standing up, she placed the passport in the nightstand drawer, and closes the drawer back.  Kylie, walks back to the brown box, and heaved a grunt as she lifted it up and placed it back in the closet. Closing the mirrored-type closet, she could've sworn that she saw the pen faintly move to the side.

In confusion, she slowly turn to the look at the pen, and stared at it. The pen just stayed still there, filled with quietness. She shrugged her shoulder's and opened her room door. She wondered where Mark was. She walked down the stairs, and looked left to right. It was hushed.

''Mark?'' She calls out, starting to worry. Mark calls out ''yeah?'' She sighed in relief and tip-toed. ''nothing!'' Mark stirred the cup of tea and sipped it. It tasted like nothing, so he added white sugar to it.

Kylie's head snapped toward the shaking mirror. It was like someone was knocking on it. She could see someone's hand print pressing against it. Slowly walking towards it, and extending an arm, her finger-tips touched the mirror.

She leaned her face in, listening carefully of the sound. ''help me..'' A glitched out whisper escapes, causing Kylie to stagger back in fear. Her calves of her legs pressed against the brown couch, and she stared at the mirror, who's knocking had stopped.

''kylie?'' Mark looks at her confused. Kylie tilted her head to the right, but scrutinized at the mirror carefully. ''yes?'' Mark, holding the warm cup of tea walked towards her.  ''here.'' He stopped in front the mirror, beside her. She peered  down in the tea, sniffing it. 

It smelled of Green Tea. Because it is Green Tea. Mark grins. ''not used to drinking this?'' Kylie, lifted her head up, at Mark. Still leaned forward. ''well, it sure does smell nice'' Mark chuckled and She takes the mug.

Kylie leaned back, till she was standing straight. She sipped the hot tea and exhaled, tranquilly. Mark, asks softly ''What's up with the mirror?'' Curious in his voice. ''Well, i like watching it.'' She lied.  She had to lie, because she didn't want to make Mark going paranoid. 

Mark snickers at her and Kylie pursed her lips at him, thinking.  ''Kylie, your peculiar sometimes..'' He trailed off, staring at her in question. Kylie blinked lost, of the awkward silence. 

--

''you really should be going to bed.'' says Mark, sharply glimpsing at her carefully, and back at the island counter. ''No. I'd rather stay out here...today is after all Friday.'' Mark, looks at her with furrowed brows.  She was acting eccentric, and Mark wondered if she had noticed that. ''you sure?'' He checked his watch that rested on his wrist. 10:00 PM.

''yes..'' she hisses creepily. Mark slowly looked back forward and rested his hands on the island counter. The counter pressed back cold on the side of his palms. Kylie's who's eyes started to feel hollow and tired from staring, she looked at Mark who is in question.

She stood up and pulled down her shirt. Kylie blinked away sleep, and walked to the front.

--

PLS COMMENT AND VOTE THANK U FOR READING ALLLLL! HERE IS A QUOTE :

'' WHEN IT RAINS LOOK FOR RAINBOWS, WHEN ITS DARK, LOOK FOR TOYS ON THE STAIRS''