The Hunt

chapter 7

Filled with infuriating anger, she slams open the door, and walks down the stairs in grief. Mark, was of no more.. She has to find Adora and Liam. She now wasn't going to let this spirit take away her other companions.

''adora...adora?''calls out Kylie. Adora turns around and jumps when she sees Kylie standing there, angry. ''where's Mark?'' asks Adora, worried. Kylie turn her head to look at her, the sadness fills in her eyes, and Adora's eyes widen.

''we-we dont have time for that..we need to get going..'' Adora nods, but is left shocked of this little spirit, known as Amber. Kylie, walks over to the necklace. ''Adora,do you guys use this for..'' Adora, walks to her, the flashlight in her hand.

''yes, we do'' Kylie looks up at her, the bags are seen under her eyes of fatigue. Adora,stands next Kylie and her jaw is set. ''there may be a way to bring him back..''

Those words made Kylie's face brighten with hope. ''really?'' she says surprised. Adora repeats slowly. ''maybe''

She held on to every hope she had right now. If she had the choice to get Mark, she'd obviously choose yes. Adora holds the necklace in her hand. The cross swings back and fourth, and Kylie watches it.

Adora to, watches the necklace, and then at Kylie with a serious look. ''if you want to bring back Mark, we must enter the dimension'' Kylie stiffens up.

''the..dimension?'' she asks a little confused. ''yes'' Adora closes her eyes, and exhales. ''yes, you''ll need deep concentration over here. The spirit has transferred them to another dimension. They put them in there worst time of there life, and continuously repeat over and over again''

Kylie, shivers and the words repeat through her head. worst time of life..worst time of life . Mark must be going through that...again..

''mark..'' she whispers worried. Adora assures her. ''listen, if you believe with all your might that your going to get him back. It's sure to work out well'' Kylie swallows, and nods.

''its like hell..'' She quietly says. Adora straightens herself up. ''yes, it indeed is like that''

--

They both hold there hands tightly, and concentrate deeply. ''think...think of you meeting with Mark..'' Adora whispers. Kylie is eager to meet Mark, and get himself out of there. Eager to go to that place of haunted sorrow, and depression.

mark mark mark.. She closes her eyes tightly, and then sees herself around blank mist. She smiles, and walks forward. Adora's voice was up like the clouds, it echo's. Her soul is now in Mark's horrible memory of hell.

''keep walking forward, until you see a door'' Kylie runs, instead of walking. She places her hand on the cold knob, and opens it. A whole bunch darkness is around, and she see's Mark's memory.

She sees the little boy extending an arm over the woman, who was a spirit of all evil. Kylie stands there, watching. '' you need to continue..''

Kylie hears Adora and sighs. She walks forward and it feels like she is walking on glass, hard glass. Soon, the environment changes into a forest. An eerie dark, leaf-less forest. There was no sign of life there, except her soul.

She looks at her pale hand and wiggles her fingers that felt like air. In fact she felt like air. Air just walking in as part of mist. She walks forward and sees blue lights hanging on the tree's creating a trail.

''dont worry..follow that trail of teal blue lights'' 

Kylie nods and follows the teal colored lights, that lighted a walkway for her. Soon, her vision was filled with mist, fog lingers silently in the air. Kylie, sees that there is a brown door. The door that is marked 'The Evans family'

She whispers Mark's name,this was going to be his family's house that she will be entering.

CREAAAAK

 The door creaks a long creak and she jumps. Pressing her fingertips against the brown old door,it pushes out more. As she peers into the room, its all black, except for a  voice.

''good, Kylie..keep going''

    A familiar disembodied voice. She couldn't see who it is . She steps into the dark room, and the door closes behind her. She jumps, placing her hand on her chest that was beating fastly.

She slowly walks forward and sees a body there. A male figure that was shadowed black around some light. Her eyes widen, and she immediately runs to it. Her hair flies up and she pants, reaching for the light.

It glares a very strong light, that causes her to cover her eyes with her hand. Lifting up her hand faintly, her running slows down into a jog, then a walk. ''i couldn't believe i left her there..'' She gasps and through the blinding light,Mark is seen there.

''mark..''she quietly says. They were several feet away from each other. Mark turns around and his eyes widen. ''kylie..'' he whispers.

A smile appears on her face and she runs towards him. Mark,opens his hands out, and she hugs him. ''kylie, why are you here?'' he asks, hugging. His voice was soft and calm, despite all was going on.

Kylie looks up at him, and says ''never do that again.'' He laughs, and says ''why shouldn't i have done so?'' 

Kylie presses her cheek against his chest and lowers her voice. ''Because, you would've left me, And you are my best friend'' Mark smiles, and feels something is pulling him. His smile faded into confusion and something is pulling Kylie downwards.

She gasps and looks down into the white ground. It was pulling and sinking her down. Mark also was being pulled down. She wobbles, and flails her hands in the air terrified. Mark, extended an arm to Kylie and  Kylie grabs a whole of his hand.

His large hand envelopes her, and within seconds there pulled into the darkness, a void. 

--

Kylie opens her eyes and immediately the first thing that rushes to her mind is mark.

Adora smiles, and opens her eyes. ''your here.'' Kylie shakes her head, getting rid of the sleepiness that was creeping up on her.  ''where's Mark?'' she calmly asks, smiling while remembering the light.

Adora places the necklace down on the table. The necklace piles up into a small mountain of silver and Kylie looks at the necklace. ''he should be in your room''

Kylie, pushes out the chair, and in the darkness, she hurry's up the stairs. She pushes open her door, and sees Mark standing there, like seconds before the spirit took him. Mark lowers his head that was thrown back and looks at Kylie smiling his boyish smile.

She smiles, and pulls him into another hug. ''woah..'' Mark feels the vibrant happiness  of the hug. He couldn't help but laugh hugging her back. Kylie gently pulls away. ''we've still got to get away that ghost''

Thinking about that made him groan childishly, and she grins. ''dont worry''