No More

chapter 6

One of the lights flash with brightness, and we flinch except Adora. Who was smiling proudly at her work. '' Caught one'' One? there's more? That made Kylie's mind race, at the way she said that. Kylie, swallows hard, and turns around. For a second, she felt something creeping up her back.

She cringes in disgust, Mark suddenly turns the flashlight to where Leom was standing. Panicking, he wasn't there. Swept out the air quietly.

''where's Leom?'' asks Adora worried. Kylie shines the flashlight at Leom's spot, and quickly her feet turn cold as ice. Shifting around, she feels she would be next to die in agony.

Adora looks around, worried. Kylie hears a low shriek sound from the back. It was calling her. She jumps, and quickly flashes her light to the kitchen hallway that looked eerie enough. The dark seemed to be eating and gnawing at her flashlight, because it felt like her light was soon staring to die off.

Adora inhales and says ''its angry. We need to find Leom'' Mark, and Kylie's head snap to her. In this dark?''you-you mean split up..?'' Kylie trembles, nearly dropping her flashlight. Mark looks up at Adora as if its impossible.

Adora nods,and exhales. ''i know you may be freaked out, but if we dont find him..'' she tails off, looking down. Kylie felt for her and assures her, but a little uncertainly. Mark follows up with her, a little confident.

''dont worry Adora, we will find Liam. He's gotta' be here somewhere...'' Mark speaks up. ''y-yeah. We just have to look..a little deeper..'' his voice got creepy, and Kylie's grip on the flashlight tightens.

They glance at each other and Adora swallows hard. ''even a person like this, can get the case of i-dont-want-to-go-in-the-dark.'' They stay silent, it was certainly no time for jokes. Not at a a time like this..''Adora,who are you going with?'' asks Mark already suspecting she'd have to go alone.

Adora looks left to right. ''on my own.'' That made Kylie frown. But, what if she doesn't make it..? She didn't like the words 'on my own', it really didn't suit this context at all..

Kylie glances at Mark quickly, and back at Adora. She noticed Mark uneasy like everyone else is. The room turns cold slowly. Adora speaks up confident. ''we must go..now'' Kylie, gives a small whimper and Mark licks his lips, getting ready for the darkness.

God bless Adora with her confidence.. Kylie prays that Adora and everyone would be safe in her mind.

Mark and Kylie begin walking upstairs, and Adora checks downstairs. She trembles, anything that moved or tweaked, she'd jump nearly having a heart attack. Mark looks at Kylie, with a unsettled look. They both nod, and he quickly opens the her room door.

Kylie's heart takes a leap into her stomach, scared to death. She slowly walks in, Mark following behind. Looking around left to right, everything is still in place. She shines the flashlight to the dark wall, were she sworn something of a shadow moved.

Mark to, could feel the cold dreadful vibes of this house. It was already creeping up behind them, slowly and evilly. Kylie's breath hitches as she shines her light into the bathroom. The most of her fear, where she remembers herself drowning in warm water that night.

Mark kneels down and was about to check under the bed, when Kylie stops him. ''wait!'' she whispers. Mark lifts his head up, to Kylie who was sharply looking at him, carefully. ''you check under the beds...'' she quietly reminds him.

Mark stares forward, unable to speak. ''ky-kylie..'' She looks at him confused, Mark with a terrified expression, lifts a shaky finger pointing in front her. Her eyes widen, and her feet turn cold, her hands feel of no blood.

She slowly looks forward and sees the spirit standing there, calmly. Her heart races, ready to jump out any window. She stands there, frozen in spot. She swallows hard, and a cold sweat travels down her forehead Kylie bother's not to wipe it,but it was irritating her.

Mark, stays quiet. With wide eyes, his body trembles with fear. He to was frozen in spot. Kylie's grip tightens on the flashlight, causing it to go off. About to scream, Mark's light was still on. His side! His side! She makes a run for it, on Mark's side. Mark could hear footsteps, and he quickly pushes himself against the nightstand, heaving with fear.

''kylie..?'' he whispers. Kylie gives a whimper of the darkness. He shines the flashlight on her face and she hisses. ''dont''

''what happened?''

''no time. We need to run.'' Her voice is filled seriousness, but at the same time she was ready to jump out the window.

Mark nods, and stands on his knees. Kylie, does the same. She grips the bed sheet, scared. Mark hopes for the best. ''it was only water..'' says the girls voice. Kylie jumps, and Mark takes a whole of her hand, with a squeeze, she looks at his face that read ''im sorry..''

''what..''  She whispers, her eyes wide. Mark squeezes her hand one last time, with that he stands up and runs to the middle of the room. ''mark!'' she cries out, the tears rushing to her eyes.

''im over here! take me instead of Kylie!'' he calls out, ignoring her cries. Mark looks at her with a forgiving look , and with in a second, he's gone. A trail of wind is left swirling around the room.

Kylie is left there, a tear slipping down her cheek.''ah!'' She yells, punching the bed with her fist, sobbing.  Kylie is left heartbroken through the depressing silence. She continues to sob and sniffle, until the wipes away her tears.

She stands up, taking Mark's flashlight he once held, and strides to the door angrily.