imagine 3: devin booker

for @gwyn108

I've been waiting for someone to request devin because he is bae😍😍
I hope you love it!!

My phone rang again for the third time, it was all star weekend and Devin was calling me, I didn't have the guts to answer it, I knew he would be crushed when I told him the news. My phone rang again for the fourth time.

"Hello," I said, answering.

"Beth! Babe where are you, I'm warming up for the game and I wanna see you!" Devin said excitedly making me feel nervous.

"I'm at the hospital Dev.." I said tears welling my eyes.

"What," he said sounding hurt. "Are you okay?"

"I'm here for a checkup.. I felt pain in my leg." I said the last part quietly.

"Which hospital," he said sounding like he was in tears. "I'm coming,"

"No!" I said, "You have been dreaming about this you're whole life, you have to play in this game."

Devin sighed.

"Please Devin, I'm fine I promise, I'll call you after the game and you can see me." I said pleading with him.

"But Bet-"

"No!" I said interrupting him. "You're going to win, do it for me Devin."

He sighed again, "Okay. Stay safe Beth I love you,"

"I love you too Dev, get me that win!" I said hanging up.

I sat up on my hospital bed deep in thought.

"Beth, we have great news!" My doctor said coming into the room.

I smiled. "Your leukaemia isn't gone, but you're cleared for the night. You can go to the all star game!" He said. "I frowned but then smiled again. "Thank you so much!" I said before rushing into the washroom, changing out of my gown into my regular clothes.

I called an uber to drive me through the busy streets of New Orleans. Finally after 30 minutes we arrived at the arena. When I got in it was halftime and our team was losing by 14.

"Beth!" Devin's mom called to me. I smiled, walking towards her. "Hi." I said before she squeezed me in a hug.

I greeted Devin's dad too before taking my seat in between them. The third quarter started and Devin made eye contact with me. We both smiled then he was passed the ball and made a three pointer. I cheered, we were gonna come back.

It was the fourth quarter and there was 0.12 seconds on the clock, the score was 98-99 we were behind by one point. Our team inbounded the ball to Devin, he looked at me and then got a three pointer, the buzzer went and our team won.

Everyone in the arena was cheering. Devin won MVP then came running towards me giving me a huge hug.

"Beth you came!" He said kissing me and hugging me.

I giggled, "I wouldn't miss it for the world!" I said.

"I love you so much," he said smiling with tears in his eyes.

"I love you too." I said giving him a sweet kiss.

I hope you enjoyed it!
I'm working on the Cory Joseph imagine next! 💗💗