Chapter 18

It's been three weeks since that incident. Our conversations are awkward and polite. We don't even hang out alone anymore.

"Let's go camping." Matthew said one sunny day. No ifs and buts were allowed. Matt packed me, Natalie, and Justin up in his jeep and we went camping. I sat in the back with Natalie while Justin rode shotgun. We drove up to the mountains and rented a cabin with two bedrooms. It was agreed that me and Natalie would share a room and Justin would share with Matt.

"This place is beautiful." Nat commented. "Yeah." I added. Everything was on one floor; two bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen, and a living room. I watched Justin move around out the corner of my eye. It was still awkward between us and I think Matt and Natalie knew it. I went to one of the rooms and laid my stuff on the bed. Natalie did the same. Our room had one bed, a small closet, a square mirror hanging on the wall and a window opposite of it. "Cozy." Natalie said.

After we unpacked most of our stuff we headed outside to the lake to meet the boys. Justin was staring up at the sky with a small smile dancing on his face. Strong arms grabbed me from behind. "Ahhh!" I screamed. Matthew threw me over his shoulder and ran towards the lake. "Nooo don't you dare. Matthew I swear to god put me down!" He threw my limp body into the water off the deck. The cold water hit me like a wall. I quickly paddled up to the surface. I glared at Matt and Justin, they were laughing. This is going to be a long weekend.