Chapter 13

Thought I would switch it up a bit, hope you like it.

*Natalie's POV*

"You nod your head yes, but you wanna say no. What do you mean?" I sung as I brushed my teeth.

Tonight is the pool party at Kyle's. To say I am excited is an understatement, I am hysterical! I fantasized about Kyle's blonde hair and sea green eyes all night. "Ugh, I have no life." I groaned.

Thank god Taylor was going. I texted her yesterday, telling her I'll meet her at her house to get ready.

"Natalie! Come down for breakfast!" Mom screamed from downstairs.

Once downstairs I could hear my mother yelling at my little brother, Daniel, to put the cat down. "Natalie!" My older sister, Hazel, called from the living room. I groaned as I went to see what she wanted. "What?" I asked her. She was on the floor, looking under the couch.

"Daniel!" Mom screamed. Danny came running into the living room, holding the cat above his head. I grabbed him by his shirt collar, and took the cat away from him. Poor Mr. Jinngels. Mom came running in with her hair laying on the side of her face.
I set the cat down before I handed Danny to mom. "Thank you hunny." Mom smiled at me as she dragged Daniel back to the kitchen.

"Okay, well I found my shoes, bye!" Hazel said, getting off the floor and rushing to the door.

Hazel and I's father abandoned us and  mom when we were young. Mom remarried to a soldier and had Daniel. I didn't really know my father, so it doesn't hurt as much, unlike Hazel. Who was older and knew our father.

I decided to skip breakfast and head to Taylor's. I had a car, a Ford focus, but I never really liked driving. I wish I could fly, or have a unicorn that could fly. I would name her Princess bubble gum. I would braid her hair and we would watch Teen Wolf together.

Okay I'm starting to get off track.

When I pulled up to Taylor's house a black truck was in the driveway. Huh, Mr. Mahan is back. I noticed Matthew shooting hoops out front, the net was above the garage door. He was shirtless, sweat glistening on his back in the sunlight. His back muscles flexing as he threw the ball in the air. Let's just say Matthew Mahan was hella hot.

I slowly got out the car and headed towards him. "Hey Matt." I called. He turned around, a small smile played on his lips, "Hey bratt."

He always called me bratt because he said he didn't want to call me what everyone else calls me.

"I see you're attempting to make a basket." I teased. "Psh please girl, I can make a basket with my hands tied behind my back." He said while smirking.

"Sure," I mumbled. Matthew looked around before gesturing for me to come closer. I did, keeping an appropriate distance. "Taylor's birthday is in two weeks and I wanted to throw her a surprise party. So can you meet up with me and a couple of other people Monday, at el paño's?" He said, in a quiet voice in case someone walked by. "Of course."  I replied.

"Thanks bratt," he said, with a wink.

*Taylor's POV*

Do you have that one friend that just doesn't knock? Ever!!!

"Hey bae," Natalie greeted, as she walked into the bathroom. While I was peeing! "You know the door was closed for a reason." I replied, attempting to cover myself up. "You know knocking isn't in my vocabulary." She said, hopping up on the counter.

After she agreed to close her eyes I finished up and flushed the toilet. Natt told me about her morning while I washed my hands.

"So are you ready for tonight?" I asked her. "Yes and no. I mean yes of course, but then again I don't know. What if he doesn't like me? Maybe this is all some sick joke. But what if he is my prince charming? Taylor will you be my maid of honor?" Nat rambled on. I'm guessing she's nervous.

"Um, sure?" I answered.

*before the party*

"Sweet baby Jesus." I said when Natalie came out the bathroom. She had a black crop top on that had a graphic picture on it, and booty shorts. She also was sporting a red and black plaid shirt, which she left unbuttoned. She left her hair down, which flowed down her back in waves. To top the outfit off she had her black Vans on.

"Damn girl," Nat said to me. I was also sporting a crop top, mine being white and lacy. My legs were painted with a pair of cut off shorts that had small white flowers on them. And of course I had my tan jacket on, left unbuttoned. My hair was in a french braid, allowing my pearl earrings to show. Also like Natalie I had vans on, white ones of course.

"We look hot," I said. "Definitely," Natalie agreed.

Let's just say Natalie was the opposite of calm when we got to the party. "Jesus Christ help me, give me the strength to go inside and claim what's mine. Amen." She prayed. "Amen," I repeated. 'Bing,' I looked down at my phone to see a text.

X: wyd beautiful?   -Justin
X: at a party with nat.  -Tay
X: whose???  -Justin

I texted back kyle's party before putting my phone away. "Come on," I said, getting out the car first. She quietly followed behind me to the door. Once inside we made a bee line to the kitchen to get a drink. Natalie got a vodka mixed with orange juice while I got a soda. One of us had to stay sober.

*Justin's POV*

X: kyle's party. -Tay

X: who is kyle?  -Justin

I texted back, but she didn't reply. It's Saturday night and I'm stuck babysitting. Mom had a date tonight so I got to watch Gabby, my little sister. She had fallen asleep and hour ago after watching Winnie the Pooh.

Taylor's face popped up in my head, her gorgeous face. I fell asleep on the couch, dreaming of her.

*Taylor's POV*

"Natalie!" I called, pushing past drunk people dancing.  It's been over an hour since she disappeared. I saw Kyle making out with a blonde girl against the wall. Well I know who she isn't with. I turned away and headed upstairs. "Natalie," I whisper-shouted. I noticed the bathroom door ajar. I pushed it open to see Natalie passed out on the floor, a bottle of tequila in hand.