Chapter 12 (part 2)

*Taylor's POV*

Usually I wake up in a warm bed, though this morning I woke up on the floor.

"Get up." Someone groaned. I opened my eyes to see Natalie standing over me. "Why the hell am I on the floor?" I asked her. "I honestly don't know. I woke up and you were on the floor." She said. My back hurt as I tried to get up. Natalie took my hand and pulled me up, causing me to fall onto her. Once again I was on the floor, but this time so was Nat.

"We gotta get to school." She groaned.

After we got off the floor we showerd and got dressed. Natalie had to borrow some of my clothes considering she didn't plan on staying the night. I had a simple white shirt on with ripped jeans, and Sperrys. Natalie had a long white boyfriend shirt on with leggings, and boots. I put on foundation and concealer to hide the faded bruises.

We then headed down stairs to get breakfast. "Strawberry or s'more pop tart?" I asked her. "S'more of course." She said while making coffee.

After we got our food we headed to school. My first class was honors English with Natalie. We had a young teacher, Ms. Monk, who graduated from this same school. She was by far my favorite teacher.

"I want you all to write a poem. It can be about anything you want, but it has to be 18 lines." Ms. Monk instructed. I wouldn't choose to do poetry in my free time, but I did like it. Poetry was something that came natural to me, unlike Nat. She hated poetry with a passion. I glanced over to see her sulking in her seat.

By the end of the class I had written 18 lines. I smiled proudly as I reread it.

'I saw this girl dressed in white
She haunted my dreams every night
She would always cry in the same place
Though I never saw her face
I wondered why she was crying
I wondered if it was me not trying
That night I saw a light
It was the girl dressed in white
She was walking in a slow pace
She kept her head down so I couldn't see her face
I tried to retrieve
I tried to leave
Scared of the girl dressed in white
Scared of the girl that haunted my dreams at night
The girl raised her head in slow motion
I looked into her eyes to see a potion
She stalked forward
I walked backward
My back hit a wall
I started to fall
I woke to the morning's light
I booked the next flight'

After English class everything else was a blur until it was time to leave. "Remember when I asked you to go to a pool party with me Saturday?" Natalie asked on the way home. "The one Kyle invited you to?" I asked. "Yeah, you think you still can go?" She asked. "Of course." I said, pulling up to Natt's house.

"Okay well I'll text you the details. Bye babe." She said.

When I got home a black truck was in the driveway. "He's here!" I squealed, as I ran into the house. I ran towards the sound of voices in the kitchen. In the kitchen a tall man with greying hair was talking to Matthew. "Daddy!" I screamed, as I bear hugged him.

"Hey princess." He said, picking me up and spinning around in circles. Dad smelled like wood, and polo cologne.

I was dizzy when he finally stopped spinning and set me back down. "How was Texas?" I asked him. He owned oiling companies all over the states, and his main one was in Texas. "Stressful." Dad sighed, "There was a huge oil spill and now those environmental hippies are up my ass." (No offense to environmental hippies, it's just her dad's personality.)

I chuckled at dad's word choice. "Well it is a hazard to the environment." Matthew commented. Dad gave him a pointed look, "Go order some food would ya." After dinner I headed up to my room.

I checked my phone to see a text message.

X: hey. -Justin

X: hey. -Tay

I texted back.

X: miss me? -Justin

A smile crept onto my face.

X: you wish. -Tay

X: I really do -Justin

I let a little squeal out as I thought of a reply.

X: wyd? -Tay

X: playing black ops. -Justin

X: then why are you texting me? -Tay

X: because I want tooooo!!! -Justin

X: well I'm going to take a shower -Tay

X: can I join? -Justin

"God yes." I said out loud.

X: no, byeeee -Tay

X: try not to think of me to much, bye. -Justin

Oh I will, I thought to myself.