"Well, if I have a problem fighting him that means that he will have a difficult time facing me as well. I'll be fine, don't worry. I still haven't used all of my potential."

Gilgamesh stood up, walked passed you towards railings. Placed his hands on a cold marble and squeezed his hands. Then went back and squatted right in front of you. His face was in the same level as yours and you saw every breath-taking feature of his.

He leaned closer.

You froze.

His face was so close you felt his breath on your own. Your eyes accidentally looked down at his lips and went back to crimson orbs. You saw him do the same. You felt heat radiating from you – level of tension was unbearable.

Then he touched your cheek with his palm and moved his forehead to meet yours. Temperature on your skin must have been enough to melt metal.

"You just remind me of someone I cared about a long time ago. " You felt his breath touching your face, his words soothing your heart.

Cared.

You couldn't believe there was someone who Gilgamesh opened his heart to. In this way you were both similar – hiding your true soul behind nine locks. But how many have you both opened for each other?

He leaned back. Every cell in your body fought the urge to pull him back.

Gilgamesh started to tap his foot.

"Is something bothering you?" You inquired.

He bit his bottom lip.

"I wntogoamuentrk." He mumbled something.

"You know that I didn't understand a thing, right?"

"I want to go to the amusement park."

"Excuse me."

"I want to go to the amusement park."

"You have to be kidding me."

You looked at him with disbelief. A grown up man, demigod not to mention, wants to go to the amusement park? But his look was serious even if his cheeks were blushing a bit.

You suddenly found yourself laughing your guts out. You rolled onto the ground and laughed so hard you thought instant abs will appear. Even a small drop of tear escaped your eyes. You quickly brushed it away.

"I'm so sorry, it's just... How to say it? That's probably the least thing I've expected to hear from you. You kno..."

Your lips stop forming words because the look on Gilgamesh's face unsettled you.

He was smiling. Big bright smile. Not only his lips but his eyes were also smiling.

"Why are you grinning?"

He just chuckled.

"It's the first time I hear you laugh like this. You have a nice laugh by the way."

You blushed again. You started to doubt your body control. You were a warrior. Always controlling every inch you have but recently your body started to play tricks on you. What a traitor.

"Give me a minute, I'll grab some things and we can go."

He nodded. I guess that is the last time you get to experience fun before everything gets soiled in war blood again. What could possibly go wrong? And you missed laughter. Missed happiness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

After spending all day in the park you finally felt energy leaving your body.

Legs fought against every movement but still somehow managed to carry you into your bedroom.

You mustered every bit of energy you had to take a shower. When you were about to fall into your bed sheets he was laying comfortably in your bed.

"You know, you have your own room."

"I do, but I feel like sleeping here tonight." Gilgamesh smiled.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't be. You asked for my forgiveness too much this day. It's okay."

You knew it was a game to him. He found mocking you to be an art form.

But you wanted to sleep and had no energy to play with him after doing it all day.

So you just obediently went to your bed and moved as far away from him as this furniture let to do.

You were both lying on your sides, looking at each other. He was so close and again you had to fight against wanting to touch him. To move that one strand of his hair out if his face.

Just like he had read your minds he did it himself and moved your lock behind your ear.

Instantly blanked was moved up to cover your red face. He just smiled.

"Thank you for today. It was the most fun I've ever had in a long time." He whispered.

You nodded. You liked him happy. Then it seemed that millennium worth of weight he's probably carrying leaves his eyes.

"Goodnight, (y/n)."

"Goodnight, Gilgamesh."

And you fell into the abyss of sleep with another kiss on the cheek.

Not even upcoming battles worried you.

Because you believe you'll win.

Now you do.