The Gryffindor Common Room

Once the holidays had started, y/n was happy to have the entire Slytherin common room to herself. Not only that, her dorm was empty so she always got a nice hot shower in the morning. She and Nimbus sat in front of the roaring fire, spread out on the leather couches not having to worry about taking up too much room, or older students who would hog the area all weekend.

She spent the days with Ron, Harry and the rest of the Weasely's, she got along with Fred and George surprisingly well. She helped them fool proof their future pranks and helped them with a pimple potion they were planning on adding to the feast once everyone returned from holiday. They teased her a lot at first, but now they only did so with a loving undertone. They also joked around and brought up her little "argument" with Ron back in October and went on about how he was scared out of his mind of her. y/n knew that they were exaggerating but it didn't stop Ron from chasing them around the castle yelling explicit words at them.

y/n often wondered how much easier it would be if she was just in Gryffindor with all her friends. It was a strict rule that no one from Gryffindor were to enter the Slytherin dungeons, no outsiders at all had never entered. And no matter how much the twins begged her for the password so that they could pull some A-grade pranks on the unsuspecting Slytherin's, she never gave in. She had thought about entering their common room up in Gryffindor tower, but quickly dismissed the thought once she remembered Percy, and how much he despised her. She hadn't done anything personal, he just had way too much pride and house spirit. And so she never asked and accepted that she would never see it's contents. Until one chilly evening, the three had just finished a very long tournament of Wizards Chess. Ron was trying his best to teach her, but she just had no interest at all in it, but she did manage to beat Harry a few times just by luck. Ron demolished them though.

"I would have thought that someone as smart as you y/n would find Wizards Chess easy," Ron said as he packed up the board "No offence, but you're pretty rubbish"

"It's just so boring!" y/n drawled "and it takes so long!"

Harry and Ron laughed. "We should probably head up to the common room now, it's almost curfew and I'm super tired after that snowball fight today"

The group had been divided into teams with the twins and y/n versus Harry, Ron, and very unenthusiastic Percy, in a spontaneous snowball battle that was started when Ron threw a snowball at Fred, but missed and hit y/n on the shoulder. Ron knew he was in for it when she turned and gave him the evilest and most mischievous smirk he had ever seen. With three beaters against three not particularly athletic boys, it was a clean win for y/n and the twins.
"Yeah, I might go down as well then," said y/n looking at the ground. It was nice down in the quiet dungeon, but it got very lonely sometimes. Harry could see that she was sad about leaving them, this was the worst part of her day. "Hey, why don't you come up to Gryffindor tower with us for a while?" He proposed. Ron and y/n looked equally shocked at his offer."No! You don't have to do that Harry!" said y/n

"Yeah you really don't" Ron chimed in "I'm pretty sure it's actually against school rules"

"C'mon Ron, it's only an hour or two, besides no one's here to report her or anything," Harry said, coming to y/n's defence

"...Alright" Ron replied apprehensively

y/n was so excited when she turned to go up the moving staircases to Gryffindor tower instead of descending to the dungeons. What would it look like? Would it be like the Slytherin common room? y/n was broken out of her thoughts when she saw that they had stopped outside a large portrait of  alarge women wearing an exquisite pink gown. "Password?" she asked slowly.

"Caput Draconis" Harry replied smoothly. She was about to open the door when she saw y/n who was wearing a Slytherin scarf, showing that she was obviously not a Gryffindor.