The Halloween Intruder

It was Halloween and the last lesson of the day. Professor Flitwick was atop a large pile of books to make up for his height, being an elf and all. Once again, Slytherin and Gryffindor were together and y/n was sat next to Harry with Ron and Hermione behind them.

They were practising the levitation charm, Windgardium Levisoa. y/n was too distracted doodling on her parchment to pay attention to realise that everyone had started practising. Actually, they weren't really practising, just failing. It was quite amusing to hear everyone drawl out the spell like zombies and with no effect on the white feather in front of them.

She could hear Ronald behind her getting quite frustrated with his attempts. Discarding the wrist movements they had just practised, he haphazardly waved his wand around, nearly smacking it on the desk. He was being so violent in fact, that his wand went flying out of his hand. y/n's reflexes kicked in and she caught it just before it hit her on the head. She turned to give it back to Ron and glared at him for being so careless.

He took his wand back without a word. Not even a thank you. y/n rolled her eyes and made sure he could see it.

Hermione was the first one to actually get her feather to move. She was probably the smartest in any of the classes, well except for potions. y/n had been doing exceptionally well and it was obvious that she was one of Snape's favourites. Not just because she was a Slytherin, but because she had a talent for potions which he hadn't seen in years.

------)OOO(------

The class has ended and everyone was heading back to their common rooms. y/n lost track of Harry and the others in the bustle of students. She spotted him with Ron, Dean and Seamus, they were laughing about something, when she saw Hermione shove past them, her head down and arms around her books protectively. When she was going to ask what that was all about, she heard Ron speak, "Well, at least she's not in Slytherin!"

Oh he was just kidding around

"That l/n is bad news, I'm telling ya,"

...What?

"If anything, she's worse than Malfoy!"

Is he being serious? And is...Is Harry laughing too?

"Did you see her in charms? Practically could have killed me with that look!"

y/n was not about to be talked about behind her back, and by people, she thought were her friends! Surely after sticking up for Ron and Neville, he could trust her? Well, what she was about to do was only going to prove their points...

She marched up to him from behind and turned him around with her hand on his shoulder, giving him a look even worse than in charms. His face was full of fear and his three friends behind him watched on scared half to death.

"I stood up for you Ronald! No, not just you, your entire family! And you still don't trust me?!" She spat in his face. He was frozen and couldn't respond out of fear, "I'd watch your back if I were you, because, after all, you can't trust a Slytherin," y/n let go of his robes and straightened up. She smiled cutely at the four Gryffindors staring at her, "Happy Halloween!" and she turned and sauntered away from them down to the dungeons.

------)OOO(------

There was a fierce thunderstorm raging outside, lightning illuminating the Great Hall and thunder rumbling through the room. Pudding had just appeared on the table, and everyone was digging into cakes and pies alike.

y/n sat next to Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Quidditch captain. He had introduced her to the rest of the team and his friends during the training sessions in the last couple of weeks. Word had gotten around about her and Ron's little confrontation, and the Slytherins were all praising her. y/n had to admit, it was nice having people talk to you and think you were cool, but she couldn't stop looking over at the Gryffindor table every now and then.