Her boyfriend had left her the month before. It was the way he left that still made her angry. He posted the news on Facebook for all to see. Some of her friends even knew about it before she found out. What a jerk! How could he be so heartless? She looked down at her hands gripping the railing. Her knuckles were white. She told herself that she wouldn't even think about it, for the rest of her vacation. For the rest of her life, if possible.

***

      Everything was set up. The multiplier had been plugged into the ship's outlet for most of the afternoon. All he had to do was press the space bar on his laptop and it would all happen. He leaned forward, smiled in his own creepy way and pressed the button.

      His cameras were already placed outside in four different places to record a complete view of the inside of the wormhole. The idea of being on a ship was a key part of his plan. These ships were strong and mobile. It should protect them from contact with the sides of the wormhole. In a way and on a much larger scale, they would be like a the surfer on his surfboard.

      He heard people yelling, so he went outside on the balcony to look. The view of the inside of the wormhole was spectacular. He could see the curved sides flying by. We haven't made contact with the sides yet he thought. There might be turbulence when we do. He went back into his room and took all the pillows and blankets off his bed and put them all around the device for protective cushioning. As soon as he finished, the ship hit the side of the wormhole. Immediately, his face hit the mirror on the wall completely shattering it. As darkness gathered around the edges of his vision he felt sharp pains in his face and hands. The pain quickly faded into nothingness.

***

      "Daddy look!"

      "Just a second honey, dinner is on the table ready for us to eat. Come and get it while it's still warm!"

      "No! Daddy look!"

      Jacob was putting the cutlery beside their plates, when he looked outside. He dropped the knife and fork on the plate making a clanging sound.

      "Hey! What is going on?" He opened the door, grabbed his daughter's' hand and said, "Quick! Come on inside! This looks dangerous."

      He desperately looked around the room for a place that would offer the most protection. There was a place between the bed and the wall that was big enough for them both. He took the blankets off the bed and rolled his daughter up in them like a carpet.

      "Daddy, what's wrong?"

      "Don't worry, we'll be okay. Just stay right there and don't move!"

      He quickly grabbed the pillows and put them all around his daughter. Then grabbing the mattress from the bed he put that on top of her too. He then lay on top of the mattress holding the sides as tight as he could to hold it in place.

      "Daddy, you're too heavy!"

      "Can you still breathe?"

      "Yes."

      "Good. Just stay there until the danger has passed."

      "I'm scared."

      "Me too honey. Don't worry. I think this will end soon."

      However, the truth was he didn't know if they would even survive the next few seconds.

***

      Michelle couldn't believe her eyes. She was on deck, looking over the railing at the beautiful horizon when the whole view changed. She looked all around at what seemed to be the walls of a slightly twisting tunnel. The walls of the tunnel were whipping by. The feeling of motion made her stomach jump up into her throat. This was terrifying! She saw that the ship was drifting close to the tunnel wall, so she turned around, took a couple of steps toward the stairs in the direction to her room. The ship hit, launching her into the air. With nothing to stop her, she flew across the deck screaming, with her arms flailing. Her momentum finally slowed and she descended, fortunately, right into the swimming pool cushioning her landing.