FOUR | AN EVENING AT THE KNIGHT HOUSE

Juliet Knight and Scott McCall sat on the ground next to an unlit fireplace, an almost empty box of pizza being the only thing separating them. Scott hadn't seen much of the Knight's home yet, but so far he was beyond impressed with how massive and antique it seemed to be. It was clear to him that the Knight family had a history with Beacon Hills that seemed to run rather deep, and yet Juliet's father apparently wanted nothing to do with the town until recently. It was odd, but Scott didn't pry for answers that Juliet wasn't ready to give yet. Especially because it seemed to him that Juliet didn't have all of the answers herself. 

"I'm so glad you like Hawaiian pizza," Juliet said to Scott in between bites. "I honestly didn't even think about what I was ordering until I hung up." 

"Are you kidding me? Hawaiian pizza is honestly my guilty pleasure," Scott assured the girl. She smiled at him thankfully and his stomach did a few back flips before he could speak again. "Uh, yeah. Stiles never lets me order it when we're hanging out and all, which is like all the time, because he absolutely despises the thought of fruit on one of his favorite foods." 

Juliet laughed, finding amusement in the thought of what face Stiles would make just at seeing the abomination that apparently was pineapple on pizza. 

Taking the last bite of her pizza, Juliet wiped her hands off on a napkin she'd kept in her lap. She looked around and felt a slight embarrassment at the mess that was her new home. She'd explained to Scott that her grandfather seemed to be something of a hoarder. Add on to that the fact that he was an eighty-five year old man that couldn't exactly take care of everything like he used to, and you got the house she now lived in.

Scott noticed the girl looking around the room with a somewhat self-conscious look and decided to pipe in. "You know, I seriously love your house. It's pretty cool that your grandpa kept so many pictures and things. It's like your whole family history is everywhere you look." 

Juliet gave Scott a somewhat sideways smile. "You're right, I hadn't thought of that." Juliet went back to looking around the room and her eyes landed on the pictures over the fireplace. "I just wish I understood that history a little better. I never really realized how much I didn't know about my family until I got here." 

Scott looked at the pictures too. They were black and white, looked a little old, and the smiling faces in them were probably as unfamiliar to Juliet as they were to Scott. Throughout their meal, he had stolen quite a few glances at the decorations that scattered the walls. While his eyes had fallen on some adorable pictures of Juliet as a baby that were on a nearby table, and some interesting paintings that seemed to be pretty old, what he found particularly interesting was the décor that loomed over top of the pictures on the brick fire place.