Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Walked Out.

After the sudden outburst of the guests, they bid their farewells and left the Fairy Tail guild. Thus, Mila then decided it was the right time to ask her mother the lingering question stuck on her mind.

"I'll be back a bit." She told the rest of the children. We didn't respond to what she said. She left the table almost immediately.

The guild was actually back to doing whatever they were doing before the surprise guests arrived earlier. That means, they are causing a huge ruckus. Laxus just watched his fellow guild members make a fool out of themselves, his lips pressed on a tight line but amusement evident in his eyes.

His eyes landed on the small blonde. She had this somehow worried look on her face. She was feeling mixed emotions. She was making her way to her mother, trying to avoid the obstacles being thrown inside the guild. She broke a chair which was flying towards her, in order to protect herself. It startled everyone. Well, doesn't she have a strong sense, she is a dragon slayer after all, so yeah.

Mirajane's at the bar, wiping a few mugs and also the counter. From time to time, she would take orders and bring them to the customers, which are also the members of the guild. But Kinana or Lisanna would do it instead, so she cleans in the mean time.

Mila sat on the bar stool, not far from her mother who was in the other side of the counter, still wiping mugs. Mila opened her mouth but then shut it again. She can't seem to find the right words to ask her mother. It was like something was stuck in her throat preventing her from asking.

"Mom, can I have some water, please?" She asked, smiling slightly but ever so sweetly at her mother.

Mirajane looked at her and smiled back, "Of course, sweetheart. I'll be right back." She placed the mug, she was wiping, down and went to get Mila a glass of water.

Mila was hoping that the water could help her wash away what she was feeling in her throat.

I wasn't feeling that nervous when I asked if Gray was my father, I even interrupted him during his wedding with a Vulcan, which was supposed to be one of his special days (Marrying a Vulcan wouldn't make you happy though, unless if you really like that Vulcan). But I'm glad I did ask though, if not, then I wouldn't have a father, my mother would still feel complete and all that such.

"Here you are, sweetie." Mirajane said, placing the glass filled with water down in front of Mila.

Mila smiled at her mother again. "Thanks, mom."

"You're welcome." And with that, Mirajane went back to cleaning the mugs.

Mila held the glass with both hands, she stared at the crystal clear water that filled the glass. She brought it up to her lips and chugged the water down.

She placed the glass back down onto the counter, the glass was now half empty and half full. She now had the courage to ask her mom.

"Mom! I need... I need to know something!" She exclaimed, catching almost everyone in the guild's attention.

Mirajane giggled and looked at her eager daughter, "What is it, sweetheart?" She asked, smiling sweetly at her.

"Who is Laxus Dreyar?" Once the name slipped out of Mila's mouth, Mirajane's body stiffened and she froze on her spot.

The said person moved away from where he was staying at and approached Mila. He's eyebrow was raised questioningly at her.

"That's me." He said, gruffly. He knew exactly why she was asking for him, though. He knew all along.

Mirajane glanced at Laxus then immediately looked away. She too knew why she was asking who's he. She's too shy and scared to tell Laxus.

"Mom, is that really him?" Mila asked, trying to be really sure that Laxus ain't lying.

Mirajane nodded and Laxus scowled. He can't believe that Mila thought he was lying about his identity.

"What do you want from me?" He asked grumpily. Well, how rude of him.

Mila felt intimidated all of a sudden. His eyes were staring right at her and it made her tremble in fear a bit. But she swallowed all the negative vibes she felt and gained courage.

"Are you my father?!" She asked ever so loudly, that it seems like the whole world stopped and turned their attention to her.

As if on cue, Mirajane dropped the mug she was holding. The air was so tensed. Laxus eyed Mila and Mirajane with furrowed eyebrows.

Mirajane sighed, giving in. She didn't look at anyone but the wooden counter. "I have something to tell you guys, and I kept it for a long time already. I guess, today is, right now is the right time..." She said in a whisper but it was loud enough for a few to hear.

"Mila," She faced her daughter with a big smile on her face, "I want you to meet your father." She gestured towards Laxus. "He's name is Laxus Dreyar, lightning dragon slayer."

Mirajane then cleared her throat and smiled warmly at Master, "And your great grandfather is Makarov Dreyar."

Makarov popped out of nowhere, actually he's just sitting on the counter. He grinned like a five year old child and cheered loudly. "Yes!"

Mila's eyes went wide like saucepans, and Laxus started coughing, choking on his own saliva. He saw this coming but it was all of a sudden. He wasn't quite prepared.

Mila was crying when she went to go hug her father. But once Mila wrapped her arms around Laxus, he stepped back and pulled away from her grasp. He stared at them for a bit while, eyes slightly wide. This made both Mirajane and Mila sad, both have frowns etched on their faces.

"I'm sorry..." He said, he turned around and walked out of the guild.

Hello! Yes. It's been 7 days already, yush! I hope you like today's chapter, please dont tell me it broke your heart. 😭💔

Keep those comments coming, I'm grinning from ear to ear whenever I read them. Vote as well. And please do correct my mistakes and errors. Thank you. 😍😘

I will be proof reading the chapters (I started already actually) and I will also be editing them, I might add some more words or change it or something. I hope you guys understand. 😊💞

That's about it. Thank you so much guys! I love you lots! ❤💋

-Snow 🐈