Chapter 1: The End

Chapter One:

Mason.

"Your eyes are just darling in this dark light."

"Shut up Mason."

"I'm serious. Angry blue works for you."

"Can't someone just gag her?"

I nudged Steve with my shoulder, jostling our handcuffs together. "Hey, just trying to light the mood. I'm used to being grounded, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time you've been."

Steve peered down at me, raising an eyebrow. "I highly doubt Tony ever arrested you, groundation or not."

I shrugged. "Well, I''ve never been arrested by Dad for having my own opinion, that's for sure."

We stumbled as I accidentally hit his foot while turning.

"How's your leg doing?" He looked down as I slightly limped.

The Sheild agents looked down too, making sure I wasn't about to bleed to death. They had orders to arrest Iron Man's daughter, not let her die.

I pushed my hair our of my face. In the past few years, I've let it grow out from my short and bang style. It's halfway down my shouders. Its all even and its more conveient for me to put it up.

"Peachy. Dad made sure it wasn't life threatning before he arrested us."

"You survive through it. Hell, after today I'm officially signing the paper work that classifies you as an immortal."

We stepped down the hall, boots thumbing on the dull floor. I curled my fingers around the warm cuffs, thumb gliding over the slight hitches in it.

Another moment of silence. "Do you think we can go back to the same?" I looked at him.

Steve sighed and gave me a look. one that said I don't know kid. "I don't know, kid."

"I'm 24."

"I'm 100. Offically a few weeks ago."

"Hey, I celebrated the brith of America on the 4th. Not the brith of Captain America."

We walked in silence, then I opened my mouth.

"Were you and Dad dating? I mean, ever since him and Pep broke up and Pep started to go out with Happy I kind of got the vibe that you and him were together and if you are I support it even if Bucky won't but, let's be honest, Bucky is my type of ass he's like the best big brother I could have and-"

"Mason!"

I looked at him. "What?"

"You need to slow down when you talk." His cheeks were red tho, so I knew he heard my first question.

I poked him, and we walked through a door. "Are you?"

He opened his mouth but that's when time moved.

I heard a shout, a bang, and a thump.

Red poured out his chest, and his weight landed us ont he floor. My wrist bent the other way, but Steve was just...bleeding. There was a hole, just eh size of a dime.

I lightly slapped his cheeks, a job proved harder since I had to being up Steve's hands too. "Steve! Come on!" I looked up  at Sharon Carter, who was holding a smoking gun.

she welded her gaze on me, eyes smokey, clouded.

Murderous.

"Sharon..?" I lifted one of my hands slightly, covered in Steve's blood. his body (is it lifeless? oh god no) growing redder and wetter.