Chapter 2: Haunted by the Green

Warning: Sexual innuendo, suicide, cruel manipulations and Lorena being Lorena (and the other new character needs a warning in itself.)

____________________________________________________

The tea has a fragrant scent. It reminded me of the faint earth on the morning. The lavender smell was also relaxing and calming . The soothing aroma of the tea was great, the brewer on the other hand was someone I'm not fond of being alone.

I silently glared at her who in turn gave a wicked smile.

"You're so cute, my lady," the maid-who-is-not cooed at me as if I'm a mere babe though considering what she is then that description might not be far off.

"Like a wounded kitty left behind the rain~" she finished with a smile as she poured more tea in my empty cup.

Did I mention how much I like to strangle her?

"You mention that a lot even in your past lives," she nodded with twinkling eyes.

I huffed at her mind reading as I sipped the excellent tea which I will continually ignore the fact that she was the brewer. How come such heavenly tea be brewed by this black-hearted shrew? I refuse to acknowledge that.

"Aww, we both know you love little old me. No need to act tsun tsun on me."

"I'll ignore that useless blabber you're speaking." I said as I ignored her exclamation of Japan and anime (which I have no idea ) and how blasphemous I was towards her.

"I only like your tea," said I in a blunt tone. 

"How mean," she pouted, blinking as if in a trance then graced me with a grin "Would you like to continue drinking you tea in the garden, my lady?"

"No. I'm fine in my room," It was much clipper than I intended but that damnable imp only smirked.

"You are escaping."

"I don't love him."

"Don't or can't?" she inquired "Denial does not fit your colors, my lady. Envy is such a sick sick green."

I sipped the tea then frowned. I stared at her expectant eyes and sighed, "I want peppermint tea before I sleep."

"Of course my lady."

Before I confront Achille, I have to be prepared. I don't want my heart to break for him. No, not anymore.

"Is my sister with him in the garden?"

Her cutting smile was the answer and I hummed in contemplation before finishing my drink. Despite its initial soothing taste, it has left me with the bitter aftertaste of bile. Such is the acid of this 'servant' of mine.

***

I saw him and my sister sharing joyous smiles inside the gazebo. Leticia was glowing as she recounted something at my betrothed who looked enraptured by her innocence and laughter. I ignored the pain in my chest (Why her of all people?) ; the humiliation that was about to burst (Am I not your intended bride?); I could hear that accursed imp's laughter resounding in my ear (Damn her!).

It was the last one that steeled my nerves. She who enjoyed causing tragedy as her entertainment. She who had been my constant companion, loathe as I have to admit, was not a comfort but a reminder of my goal. To her it was a game, to me this will be my gamble. For happiness or for love, for freedom or for agony. Those twenty lifetimes will not be wasted anymore.