A Tormented Soul - Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"Ahh." Liam says, understanding. "Are you still feeling, things, for her?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, she's just such a great girl." I sighed again, ordering a drink.

"I would do my best to forget those feelings if I were you Zayn. Don't intrude upon them. We both know this is for the long haul." Liam said, talking about Remi and Harrys relationship.

"Don't you think I know that?" I said, frustrated.

"Obviously I know you do! I'm just trying to prevent you from doing anything stupid." Liam said angrily. I sighed again.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just frustrating." I say.

"What's frustrating?" Asked a raspy, but high-pitched, very familiar voice. I turned around and noticed it was Remi, with Harry in hand. Remi looked at me with concern in her eyes. Another reason why I love her, she cares about us so much.

"Oh nothing." I say.

"Work stuff." Liam added so that she would drop the subject.

"Oh my god you guys. We are partying right now, not discussing work. Come on Zayn, take a shot with us!" She smiles.

"I don't know if..." Liam starts to say but I cut him off with a look and he shuts up.

"Alright." I smile at her as the bartender presents Harry, Remi, and I shots. She picks up her glass and raises it in the air.

"To everyday being like today!" She smiles, looking directly at Harry, who's love drunk face is almost hard to look at. I'd rather everyday be the completely opposite of today, but I toast the shot anyway and we all throw them back, slamming the glasses onto the counter.

"You should come dance with us! I've got some friends you could dance with." Remi smiles. I'd rather dance with you. I think to myself.

"Alright." I say, looking back at Liam. He shrugs.

"I've got a partner for you too Liam!" She winks at him, then takes Harry's hand who is laughing lightly at her and we follow her out to the dance floor. She stops 2 pretty young girls and Introduce Liam and I. Liam starts dancing with a girl named Jessica, and I half ass a dance with a girl named Gina. She was a pretty young thing, but she was more drunk than I was right now, so after the song ended I kissed the back of her hand and walked back to the bar. I ordered a beer and sat by myself for a bit until the music stopped and the crowd turned its attention to the stage. Remi was standing there with Harry in hand and she started speaking again.

"So I just wanted to get your guy's attention one more time, I put together this video of Harry and I over the last year and a half. If you guys could just watch it, go 'awh' at the appropriate times, and try not to vomit from its corniness. That'd be great." She said, flipping her hair out of her eyes. God, she was so cute. The video started playing and it got the audience's attention at once. It started with a clip from when she moved into the old apartment. She was chasing Harry around Liam's old flat trying to get the spare key to her apartment back. Then the video changed scenes to them playing in an arcade. Then there was a clip of Harry working at the sound booth. It seconds later the camera was on her face where she mouthed, 'he's so adorable' to it. There were bunches of other clips and if you looked at Harry's face throughout the whole video, his jaw was just on the floor. The final scene of the video was a scene in Star Wars, where the characters said 'I love you' and the guy replied 'I know'. At the end of the video there was a little note that said, 'See Harry I can be cute and romantic! ;)' which even made me laugh.

"I think she wants something." Harry said into the microphone, teasing her. Her reaction was to hit him playfully. I laughed and Everyone smiled and the music came back on. My face dropped as Remi was no longer in my view.

"Hey!" Said that same voice from earlier. I turned around, and it was just Remi alone this time. I smiled at her, starting to feel a little drunk.

"Hey! Cool video." I said, trying not to sound like an idiot.

"Thanks." She blushed. "So what are you doing here all by yourself? Is everything okay Zayn?" she asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Where's Harry?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"He found Louis and they're off being weird." She laughed.

"Figures." I say, smiling.

"There we go! I've missed that smile tonight." She teases, poking my cheek.

"Sorry, I've just been feeling down." I say.

"Is this because of Perrie?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"A different girl." I mumble. Shit, shit, shit! Why did I just say that out loud!?

"Ahhh! Well why don't you invite her here?" She asks. Because she already is here, I think to myself.

"I cant." I say. Thank god I could control that response.

"Why not!? You can invite anyone you want Zayn! Who is she? I'll call her if you want me to!" She smiled and I shook my head.

"Let's just drop it." I say.

"No! Hate how you're so sad over this! Zayn let me help you!"

"You cant." I say, trying to smile at her but I feel the alcohol hitting me really hard right now.

"I can't or you wont let me?" She asks, making me clarify.

"Both! Now shouldn't you go find Harry?" I say, getting annoyed. Can't she just drop this?

"I'm just trying to help Zayn!" She says, snapping back at me.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just, you cant help me." I explain.

"Why can't I? Why can you just tell me who she is!? We will get her here and if she spends some time with you she'll realize how great of a guy you are and everything will be find and I can have my happy Zayn back!"

"She's already here Remi!" FUUUCKKKK! The tiny part of my brain thinks to itself. Remi stares at me and laughs.

"Then why aren't you talking to her!? Do you want me to go get her? It's not like you to be shy with the ladies Zayn!" she laughs at me.

"I am talking to her! Right now! It's you, Remi! I think I'm in love with you!" I blurt out and regret it immediately. The look on her face is pure shock. Yeah, I hate myself. "Oh my god, Remi. No, shit. Oh no!" I say as my face falls in my hands.

"Oh my god Zayn." She says, I'm done for.