A Tormented Soul - Chapter 6

Zayn's POV

We all piled into the van on our way to the party. Little did Harry know, it was a surprise anniversary party Remi had thrown together for the two of them. Remi looked fantastic, as usual.

I'll never voice this, but I've always had a crush on her. She's perfect in every way. I've talked to Liam about it before, a long time ago, and he just told me it's because we spend too much time with her, but I don't know. She's always been able to give me butterflies. Like I said, though, I'd never say anything. She and Harry are just kind of perfect for her. The way they've gotten through the last year and only got stronger. It could make anyone envious, but I'm pretty sure I have it the worst.

We arrived at G-A-Y, a bar in London, and there were paparazzi everywhere.

"How did they find out about this?" Remi whispered to me and I just shrugged.

"I guess a lot of celebrities in one place is bound to attract attention?" I said, trying my best to answer her.

"Well this is annoying." She said a little louder, answering me but trying to pass it off as a statement so that Harry doesn't find out we were talking.

"They're just paps, you'll laugh like usual." Harry smiles. I loved when she did that.

"I guess..." She trailed off, "Let's go then?" She said and Niall opened the door, stepping out first. Louis and Liam followed him. Harry and Remi, arm in arm, walked out next, and I brought up the rear, smirking at the cameras before following everyone else in. We reached the door and turned the corner into the nightclub and there were decorations everywhere, along with all of our friends.

A guy immediately walked up to Remi and gave her a microphone. Harry turned to her and looked really confused. She started laughing at spoke into the microphone.

"Surprise!" She said and then Harry's already confused face got even more confused. It was actually pretty funny. Niall was cracking up. "Happy anniversary baby!" Remi added, still not clearing up the confusion enough for Harry. "We lied to you." She motioned to us. "I'm actually throwing us an anniversary party!" She smiled and he was still giving her a funny look. "Oh my god will you please be grateful? This was my one attempt at being cute and romantic!" She said, losing her patients. Everyone in the room started laughing and Harry rolled his eyes, pulling her in for a kiss. They parted both smiling and Harry told her thank you. "Alright everyone, this wasn't formal or anything, I just wanted to celebrate that I had the best boyfriend in the world and I want you all to see our gross PDA because you don't see it enough in the rag mags!" Remi teased to the crowd, they all laughed and she put the microphone back to her mouth for a second. "Anyway, so party on! I hope you all have a wonderful night!" She smiled, giving the microphone back to the man who gave it to her originally while the crowd cheered. She then took Harry's hand and they disappeared into a sea of people. I sighed.

"You alright man?" Liam asked, pulling me out of whatever trance I was in with a pat on the back.

"Um, yeah. I need a drink." I said, and we walked over to the bar. Liam got a beer, he can usually drink one when we go out, that's about as much as he can handle. I ordered a shot, or two.

"Slow down man?" Liam questioned. I knew he didn't know what was wrong with me. Honestly, I didn't really either. I guess, Perrie and I broke up and I was taking it harder than I thought I would. I just had to end it though, things didn't feel right. I sighed.

"Zayn are you alright?" Liam asked, while I throw back another shot.

"Yeah, I guess. I just... this is hard. Going to an anniversary party for Harry and Remi." I explain the best I can.