The Bridge of Khazad-dum

The fellowship heads through Dwarrowdelf. Avalon walks beside Aragorn, her eyes to the ground. She is thankful that Legolas didn't bring up what happened back at the caves. She doesn't know why she almost kissed Legolas, but she finds she is saddened by not having done it. Avalon looks at Legolas, as if just seeing him. She never truly thought about Legolas. She knows he is attractive, but now looking at him, she finds she can't look away. He is a tall and lean built, flexible and acrobatic. He is fast and has quick reflexes like any elf should. With hair as white as snow going down to his mid back with deep blue eyes, that Avalon believe to be the bluest eyes that she has ever looked upon. She finds he, even though lean, still shows strong muscles, most in his arms and chest from years of archery.

As if feeling eyes on him, Legolas eyes meet Avalon. Avalon blushes and looks down, thankful that she has her hood on her, covering her face to hide the deep red cheeks. Aragorn looks at the young girl, a small smile coming onto his face. He practically raised her. He knows her better than she knows herself. He can see she is struggling with her emotions, fighting a battle within her. He knows if he makes fun that she will only grow more fearful. Avalon's eyes lifts to meet his. "If you are going to say something, then say it Aragorn. Your staring unnerves me." She say earning herself a small chuckled from the ranger.

"You shouldn't fight it, Avalon." Aragorn says and Avalon's eyes falls back to the ground.

"Shouldn't fight what?" She asks and Aragorn looks at her, knowing damn well that she knows what he is talking about. "You may not be my student anymore Avalon, but you still need guidance." Her eyes goes up to his. He knows Avalon is struggling. She has only felt this way once, but never as strong as this. The last time she felt this way was with a fellow ranger, he had joined the two on a mission to kill a group of orcs that was attacking a village. She had liked the ranger, but never told him. He died on that mission by the orcs, causing Avalon to seek vengeance on the orcs more than ever before. He knows she regrets never telling her feelings to the ranger, but she never truly mourned his death either. She never got a chance to truly know him like she is with Legolas. Aragorn knows she has grown closer to Legolas, and he also knows her feelings are deeper for him than it had been for Geywin son of Clearwin.

"I can see it, Avalon." Aragorn whispers softly. "Your feelings for the elf. They're stronger than what they were for the ranger." Avalon's eyes falls at the mention of Greywin. "You shouldn't fight it." He tells her, causing the girl to look at Legolas.

"I'm afraid, Aragorn." The young ranger admits. Aragorn places a comforting hand on her shoulder, gently squeezing it.

"Love is like a battlefield, sometimes you have to risk your heart to win the battle." He tells her and Avalon looks up at him with fearful eyes.

"What if you are afraid to risk it?" She asks.

"Better to risk your heart than to keep fighting until you lose it." He says before letting her go and walking forward. Avalon lets what Aragorn said sink into her. He's right, he always is. She knows Aragorn is fighting the same battle with Arwen, afraid to give her his heart and be with her because of her being a princess of the elf kingdom and him being the descendant of Isildur.

Avalon knows what she needs to do. She needs to stop pushing Legolas away. Stop risking her heart. Start winning the battle. Avalon looks at Legolas, finally making her mind. Legolas looks over and sees Avalon walking towards. He stops as she heads over. He knows the same thing is on her mind as his. He hopes she is coming over to tell him she wanted it to happen. That she wanted to kiss him and still do. Just before she can reach him, however Aragorn starts shouting. They turn and see the goblins now after him. Avalon looks at Legolas as he looks at her. They both know it needs to wait. They need to wait to talk about what happened to the two of them.