"Well dinner is ready. So let's go eat," Martha stated while leading the way to the dining room. Derek had inherited Martha's brown eyes and small nose and little else. Especially none of her personality traits thank goodness other than impatience. Derek got his brown hair and firm jaw from his father. His father seemed distant, almost cold. He always displayed little emotion other than anger. He was a good businessman though. Alex's father had inherited a huge furniture company from his father. When Alex's father had died Alex then took the seat as leader of the company. Alex didn't seem to know hardly anything about furniture, only business. Matt, Derek's older brother, had inherited his mother's looks more than his father's. Matt had thick black hair and dark brown eyes. Matt was next in line as the CEO of his father's company. Matt had most of his father's personality traits, although less extreme. He was more social with those he knew better. He had been married for eight years to his high school sweet heart Sara. Sara was much like Martha snobbish, lazy, and conceited. Sara and Matt had two children, a boy and a girl. James was one year older than his sister, Daisy. The children were practically the only ones I could stand of the family other than Derek of course. Sometimes Matt was okay too, but it just depended on his mood. They were practically the only ones who hadn't yet been corrupted by the Anderson family money and golden personalities.

Maybe if I pretend to not exist they will leave me alone or not notice me. I knew it was a real long shot, but a girl can dream can't she? The food was extravagant thanks to the great cook Derek's parents had hired. Martha couldn't cook to save her life hence the cook.

I took my seat next to Derek and Alex. Martha was sitting next to Sara and across the table from me. Matt and Alex sat at the heads of the table. Tonight we were eating meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I would probably be more satisfied with the meal of it wasn't for the company I was with.

"So Mary, how is taking care of the third graders?" Martha asked before delicately putting a scoop of mashed potatoes in her mouth. The way I eat is like a pig in a trough compared to them. Sara smirked at Martha's question.

I cleared my throat. "Actually I teach first grade, but it is going well." They probably knew what grade I taught, but they just wanted to prove their dislike of me.

"Hmm, wonderful," Martha said to me with quick dismissal. "Me and Alex have some wonderful news. We are adding on to the house." She smiled largely at us all. As if the house wasn't big enough. Maybe she should just add on to my small, pitiful home.

"How soon?" I asked to be polite.

She looked at me for a second before she turned her attention to Derek. "Two weeks from now. We were hoping we could stay with you for a little while until the job gets done."

"Your just now asking me about this?"

"Oh come on Derek. I'm your mother I provided for you for many years." I almost snorted. She provided I'm pretty sure she never earned a penny in here life. Her parents were rich as well, and everything she had ever gotten had pretty much been handed to her on a silver platter.

"I thought you said you were going on vacation. Why can't you stay with Matt?"

Matt threw Derek a dirty glare which he pretended to ignore.

"Alex doesn't want to go to Hawaii again. He says the vacation is always the same. Derek we hardly ever see each other anymore, and besides Matt has other things to do."

Derek sighed, "I can't I have plans then and the next month."

Martha glared at me. "What plans with her?" Geez lady I got a name.

"Yes."

"Well cancel them. Who is more important your mother or your little fuck buddy?" Oh no she didn't! She had said some pretty nasty things to me, but this this was a new low. I stood up hastily from my chair prepared to give Martha my worst.

"I am not your son's damn fuck buddy. In fact-" I started, but Derek cut me off by standing up and grabbing my elbow. I think he must have sensed that I was pissed enough to blab the fact we were engaged.

"I am spending time with Mary's family over the holidays, but you are welcome to join us." I stared at him in shock. He tightened his grip on my elbow right when I was about to speak.

"Since you are bored of Hawaii, why don't you try someplace different. Mary's parents live on a farm, and you can stay at a nearby hotel. It will be a different vacation then you are use to. After all Dad you are always talking about becoming more diverse and trying new things." Derek stated.

"I am not going to spend my time on a disgusting, dirty farm." Martha practically screamed.

Alex on the other hand brightened. His immediate change in demeanor frightened me because I knew what was going to happen next. Alex sometimes had an adventurous spirit, and that was going to get me into a ton of people. "That is a great idea son! I would love to try something different."

"But Alex,-"

"Nonsense Martha. It will be something new like he said. Besides where else would we go?"

Martha huffed and left the room, and she didn't return for the rest of the night.

"Don't mind her. She will get over it. Now Mary why don't you sit down and tell me a little more about this farm your family lives on." What? First he was a complete asshole to me, and now he wants to be my friend?

I threw Derek a dirty glare before I say down to proceed to tell Alex a little bit about my family's farm. Derek was so going to get it later.

*******

Immediately after escaping the hell house I turned on Derek and began screaming at him like a banshee.

"What the fuck was that in there!?!?" I screeched.

"Revenge." he said grinning at me. Revenge for what happened his morning? Is he serious?

"Oh, you think this is funny do you?" I said. His grin disappeared when he saw how pissed I looked.

"Babe, listen-"

"Don't you dare call me babe! I am so not happy right now. You don't even defend me from your mother! Oh no you don't even think of that! Instead you invite them to my parent's farm without their or even my permission!"

"Please your parents won't mind. It is not like they will be staying at their house. Mary, my mom is my mom. I can't just yell at her like that."

"And I'm your fucking fiancé! You could have let me handle her. I would rip out pieces of her styled hair, and then I would tear out every manicured nail out of her fucking finger!"

"Alright. Calm down. Let's just go to the car, and we will go home. Alright?" He grabbed my shoulders and began pushing me closer to the vehicle.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" He opened up the car door for me, and I went in fuming all the while. He went on the drivers' side and pulled out of the driveway.

"Look I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let here yell at you like that, you are right. I promise to make it up to you alright? Let's just go home and have a couple drinks to calm down a bit. Besides I think this trip might help them learn something."

His apology calmed me down somewhat. "You can't teach a old dog new tricks, Derek. Maybe you will learn something though."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Like what?"

"Revenge is a double-edged sword." I said smirking evilly.

--------------------

End of chapter one! The real fun begins next chapter *evil laugh*. Leave a little comment about what you think of the cover, story, or just tell me a bit about you! Do you guys have any stories up?