Chapter 2- Melancholy

Comincia dall'inizio

He walked up to one and traced his fingers over her.

"I'll have you one day." He promised and then exited the room which had been the first time in a week.

*~* Max's POV *~*

I walked out of Amelia's room which had been the first time in a week. I still couldn't believe she went. Sighing I walked down the stairs and to the family room. My mum was right, I did need to hunt. My throat was burning unbearably. I then saw Cyan stroll past me, she seemed quite lost without Amelia. But still had Ness or someone to play with. The only thing that caught my attention about Cyan was the fact she had blood in her veins. Yes, I was thristy but not THAT thirsty.

I stood in the threshold on the family room and saw nearly everyone in there.

"Max! I thought you were going to bail on us! You are alive I was so worried about you! I'm suprised you haven't done anything dodgy ye-" My Dad blabbered on. Ness interrupted him though.

"Ah Max you are here good. You Dad was making a bet on how many times you were planning to run away whilst hunting." Ness said. I nodded not really responding.

How could everyone act so naturally? Amelia has gone! Isn't that not afffecting them at all?

"Yes Max it is." Uncle Edward answered reading my thoughts. I cocked my eyebrow at him.

"You've been upstairs Max. You wouldn't know. Amelia wouldn't want us to mope around after her. Yes, we miss her but we can't constantly think that what has happened would resolve quickly. Life goes on Max. Things would sort themselves out." He continued. I nodded.

"Max sweetie it's great to see you down stairs. It doesn't feel right without Amelia and it feels even worse without you dear." Grandma said and then gave me a reassuring smile. I didn't respind not really sure on what to say.

"Max, you need to hunt." Uncle Jazz pointed out.

"I know, I know." I replied. Looking down at the floor. I removed myself from the threshold and leant against the front door. I heard my Dad speak from the other room.

"Oh so he speaks! As his father I was beginning to get worried. And now he is! The joy!" He exclaimed. On any normal day I would've have smiled or laughed at that but not today. I'm sure on any normal day I'm sure Amelia would throw back a witty comeback his way.

It had only been a week and I missed her so much- too much. Nothing felt right.

I knew she didn't want me to mope around after her, but what would you expect? She- the love of my life, no existence has gone forever. That surely would leave a affect.

I just wish that I could turn back the clocks for this to not happen at all. The night when Amelia was gone. I wish I had stayed awake all night to make sure she was there. I regret not doing that. But how was I supposed to know?

I began to become impatient. I wanted to get this hunting trip over and done with. After a few minutes of waiting my Dad, Uncle Edward, Uncle Jasper and Mum got themselves ready and we headed outside.

I hadn't been outside for a week so the sunlight affected my eyes a little before I got adapted to it. It shone on my skin causing faint crystals to glitter. This reminded me of the time Amelia first saw what happened to vampires and hybrids in the sunlight. I could remember her looking at her skin and everyone else in amazement. The memory put a slight smile on my face. But it soon faltered when I remembered the absence of Amelia.