EB 15: Where He's Lusting After Her

Start from the beginning

I don't get it, but I get it. If she told the girls, they would have never let her leave. They would have moved heaven and hell to make sure she remained here, where she'd be taken care of properly. Dammit. She needed that kind of moral support. We all know she'd never get it from her neglecting parents. Fvck. But I understand being ashamed of your own mistakes. Being scared of everyone around you seeing them. Having to run away because of those very reasons.

Tell me you're okay or else I'm flying out to Boston right now. Oh, and I'll bring Tara with me. – Trent

I add in a smiling emoji just for good measure.

I'm obviously kidding. I'd go alone and find the fucker who didn't know how to wrap his cock properly. Figure out if it was a shitty one-night stand, or an even shittier boyfriend who doesn't know how to take care of my friend.

NO. Please, don't. I'll be all right. I just needed to go back to school. I paused my life for a bit and now I need to return to it. - Tee

I take a deep breath and give her my final reply.

If something happens, you call me straight away. - Trent

Promise. - Tee

Satisfied, I'm about to put my phone away when it buzzes once more.

Please, don't tell anyone about this. Especially Oliver. - Tee

I grit my teeth. If I hadn't spoken to Cher in a year and a half, then it's been longer since Oliver spoke to his best friend.

Oliver and Teagan used to be the ultimate duo, until he confessed his feelings for her and she didn't feel the same way. It all went to shit from there.

He doesn't hate you, Tee. And I swear I won't tell anyone. Promise. - Trent

He thinks I'm a whore. - Tee

I stare at my phone, not believing what I'm reading. Anger shoots up my veins and I wish she was here so I could shake some sense into her. He can't think that. No. Oliver doesn't think that.

You're not a whore. - Trent

She never answers me.

* * *

It's almost midnight.

I've showered and changed into a pair of fresh jeans and a new blue Henley. I'm scavenging in my kitchen for food and maybe some alcohol. I find a sealed bag of chocolate covered pretzels and a half empty bottle of JD.

I'm picking Cher up in fifteen minutes.

I need to see her.

To be alone with her like we used to be after the hell of a day I went through. Taking Teagan to the abortion clinic was hard enough. Seeing my ex-girlfriend, still in town, after she claimed she was moving to Australia, cut me to the quick. Having lunch with my friends and having to act like it was all okay was even worse.

I just needed to see her.

I drive over and wait in her parking lot.

I'm a mixture of nerves and relief when I see Cher's silhouette through the window on the second story as she descends the staircase.

She pushes the glass entrance door and steps outside. Her long hair is tied in a ponytail and it billows softly in the warm breeze. She's got on white sneakers and a green dress that's skin-tight and hugging every possible curve on her damn body.

My mouth goes dry as she nears the passenger side of my SUV.

Cheryl looks good – actually better than good. Lord have mercy, because I'm mortified by my next thought. My ex-almost-current best friend looks fvcking hot.