Imagine ➳ Neville Longbottom [008]

Neville finds out that his boggart is your dead body.

You tried to remember this particular Defence Against Dark Arts lesson in your third year. You remembered, what a great professor Lupin was and how sad you were when he left, but you were not able to remember what kind of spell was used to defeat a boggart.
It could be, because of your bad memory or the fact that you are standing right in front of one, shaking, with your eyes closed shut.

You were supposed to meet Neville in the hallway to go to lunch together and you were early as always. Squeaking and banging was heard in the empty classroom to your right and instead of waiting, you thought it would be a great idea to investigate this noise by yourself.
It was a terrible idea.
Right after you opened the cupboard, you recognized a boggart, but couldn't remember the spell to get rid of it.
You wanted to cry but had to laugh, because you remembered how Neville's boggart was Professor Snape. Now you kind of wanted to cry again. How could Snape be such a miserable person, that Neville's greatest fear three years ago, was a Professor at the school, where Neville was supposed to feel safe and at home.

You heard the door creak open very slowly, you still had your eyes closed shut, not wanting to deal with the boggart. "Y/n? Are you in here?" Neville was looking around the room, finding you in the corner of the classroom and coming over to you. "I couldn't remember the spell to get rid of it, I know I shouldn't have opened it."
Neville didn't answer, which led you to open your eyes and you jumped. Neville has stepped in front of the boggart and you saw yourself. Not really yourself, but the boggart and it was you, but dead. You were dead and Neville was staring at your dead body and failing to rid of it either.
"Neville! Do something!"
Neville was startled but managed to cast a spell, "Riddikulus!".
The boggart turned your dead body into a living one, which was dancing, before it finally vanished.
You grabbed Neville's shaky hand and planted a small kiss on his cheek, before you both made your way to the Dining Hall, knowing how much you meant to him.