Request ✎ Draco Malfoy [002]

The Hogwarts Express echoed with the chatter of excited students, including y/n and Draco Malfoy, who laughed together, unaware of the future that lay ahead.

The two of them have been friends ever since his parents joined the Death Eaters, her parents were already following the Dark Lord. Their initial bonding over magical creatures and Quidditch during their childhood set the foundation for a unique connection.

Amidst the commotion on the Hogwarts Express, y/n found solace in Draco as they discussed the upcoming life in Hogwarts.

Their friendship seemed unbreakable until the Sorting Hat's verdict sent y/n to Gryffindor and Draco to Slytherin, dividing their paths within the school. The Sorting Hat's decision marked a distinct change in their relationship, pulling them apart.

Draco's disappointment was palpable when y/n was sorted into Gryffindor. Hurt by what he saw as a betrayal, Draco distanced himself, and their interaction reduced drastically. Their laughter that once made their stomachs hurt turned to silence.

She often caught Draco's gaze in the corridors, but the familiar warmth that once existed between them was replaced by a cold, distant stare. Draco's only words addressed to her were filled with hate. Despite the lack of direct communication, y/n often caught snippets of Draco's conversations, overhearing vague references to family expectations. This insight into Draco's inner turmoil made y/n understand the complexities of his situation, she knew it was all about the pure blood fanaticism his and her parents shared. Their lack of contact became more pronounced in the subsequent years. In their fourth year, Draco started to ignore her completely. It was worse to be ignored than insulted, she admitted embarrassingly.

So not only did y/n lose her best friend on September 1st, but her parents didn't think it was necessary to discuss more than the most important things with her since that day. Taking her back in every summer felt more like a burden to them than anything else.

But even after all of this she was still grateful. Grateful for the friends and family found along the way. She may have lost Draco and her parents but found her new family in Harry, Ron and Hermione. The Weasley's took her in as if she were one of them and gave her the love and affection she deeply needed. If there's anything she wasn't, it's alone. And for that y/n was grateful.
In their fifth year at Hogwarts, an unexpected encounter in the library led to a significant moment of reconciliation between y/n and Draco. A large stack of books, a careless y/n, a Draco blocking the way and the expected happened. y/n hurried through the aisles of the Hogwarts library, a tower of books precariously balanced in her arms. Engrossed in her search for a particular volume on magical history, she didn't notice the figure approaching until it was too late. She collided with someone solid, the impact sending her stumbling backward, books flying in every direction.

"Watch where you're-" Draco's sneer cut through the air, only to pause abruptly mid-insult. As he looked down, he saw the person who had bumped into him gathering the fallen books. y/n felt her cheeks flush with a mix of embarrassment and frustration, the result of her unfortunate collision with none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Are you all right?" he asked, his voice betraying a touch of genuine concern. y/n nodded, somewhat taken aback by the unexpected concern in his voice. "I'm... I'm okay," she managed to say, still slightly flustered by the whole encounter.Draco knelt down, joining her in gathering the scattered books. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you. "His apology caught her completely off guard. y/n blinked in surprise, feeling a mix of emotions—confusion, gratitude, and a strange sense of respect for the unexpected gesture. Draco hesitated, a rare vulnerability flashing across his features. y/n looked at him, noticing the sincerity in his eyes and she gave him a reassuring smile. As they finished gathering the books, an awkward silence hung between them. She felt a strange warmth at the unexpected exchange, a part of Draco she hadn't seen in years.