"You are painfully like your dad," My mom laughs.

 I force a smile and nod. My dad, Tony Stark, I've never met him. In the shortened story of the life-altering turmoil that occured 17 years ago, when my mom found out she was pregnant with me she knew Tony wouldn't be happy. However, despite the possible reprocussions my mom couldn't stand giving me up- either killing me as a fetus or to an adoption agency. She gave me to her own parents to be raised. With this arrangement my mom could still be considered my mom and visit me anytime without . My mom has been trying to find a good time to tell Tony about my existence since I turned thirteen. But with the Avengers and the Mandarin, there hasn't been any "good time". I know my mom means well but I am becoming anxious and impatient.

 Dinner goes on with much chatter. My mom tells us how things are in Los Angles. I tell her what's new in Oakley, California. The second dinner ends, I grab my mom's hand and pull her out to the garage.

 "Goodness, Mon," Mom laughs at my eagerness.

 "Sorry," I roll my eyes.

 I fish the key out from my pocket, unlocking the metal door and pushing it up. I flip on the light switch, lighting up my workshop.

 "Wake up, Lucis," I call, my Logistic Universal Central Intelligence System, pronounced similar as "Lucas", to life.

 "Hello, Miss Potts," My system greets me in a mechanical voice, "Oh, and hello Pepper."

 "Hi, Lucis," My mom replies.

 "Guess what?" I'm eager to tell my mom about Lucis's upgrade.        

 "What?" My mom inquires as she 

 "Lucis now runs solely on natural light, taking no electricity. But incase it's solar panels were to be destroyed, it has an emergency battery that will last approximately ten days which is more than enough time for Lucis to repair it's panels and any other damage."

 My mom nods in awe. "I assume that you are you still working on your suit?"

 "It's almost finished," I nod, "Lucis, unlock suit one."

 Lucis replies by the cement doors slide open on the wall revealing my baby.

 "And you did build a hidden storage closet for your suit," My mom grins.

 I chuckle as I step into my suit. As soon as the face mask slides over my face the suit powers up. "What's left to work on?"

 "Eh, I just need to put together a few last wires and improve the accuracy of the beams. I also need to put in the last final details and features on my visuals screen," I sum up the final leg of the project with my voice sounding slightly robotic.

 "What color are you going to paint it?" Mom asks.

 "I think I'll go with navy and grey," I walk over to the table where a few paint samples are. 

 My mom looks at the paint samples, "What shade of grey are you thinking?"

 "I haven't decided yet."

 "I think if you went with a lighter shade it would look nice," My mom smiles.

 "I think that's what I'll do," I grin even though she can't see.

 "Can it fly?" My mom asks curiously.

 "Of course! And it can go ten thousand meters below sea level. That's also a step up from Tony's."

 "That's phenomenal," Mom stammers.

 "I'm proud of it," I nod. "But right now it only runs on battery power. I still have a few adjustments before she operates on nuclear energy."

 "Can you show me?"

 "Sure," I walk outside of the garage. "Oh also another upgraded feature is the coolant and anti-altitude freeze serum. I can go twice the height as dad's and my suit won't freeze up.

 "That's quite impressive. Tony has been trying to figure out how to modify his serum for about a month now but he can't figure it out! What did you use?" Mom shows genuine interest.

 "It's my secret," I wink, then remember my face is hidden, "I just winked so you know... But maybe if I meet him I'll tell him."

 "Now you're bribing me," My mom raises an eyebrow.

 "I'm getting anxious," I laugh humorlessly, "I'll try anything now."

 "I know, I know," Mom sighs, "Come on, I wanna see her fly."

 "I can't fly too high; otherwise S.H.I.E.L.D. would be alerted of unauthorized flight."

 "It's fine! I just want to see you fly."

 I chuckle as I feel the rockets in my hands and feet fire up. I fly up thirty feet, looking down at my mom. "Can you shoot anything?" My mom shouts up at me.

 "There's a paper block in my shop," I call down to her, "Get it and put in the middle of the yard."

 My mom goes into the shed, reappearing a moment later with the block of biodegradable paper. She stumbles a bit in the dark as she dragged the target to the middle of the yard. Once mom was back far enough away from my target she gave me a thumbs up. I held up my right hand and aimed it at the block. I notice out of the corner of my screen that my grandparents are now watching me from the back porch.

 I grin to myself as my beam lights up the night as it hit the paper. The paper disintegrates as I stop firing. 

 "Monica! You built this from scrap?" Mom compliments me as she pulls her light ginger hair up.

 "Yep. Well, no, I mean I had to buy certain metals and wires in order for it to be the nicest it could be," I shrug easily in the suit, "I created it from scraps as in I didn't use any other blueprints other than the ones I drew."

 "Tony would be extremely impressed," My mom sighs with a smile, "I promise you I'll tell him soon.

 "I'd love that."

___________________

First chapter is up! Eek!

Next chapter will be the beginning of the more interesting things!

Love you guys!

x JLG