xxxix

EPILOGUE

5 YEARS LATER

ATHENA FIXED HER WHITE DRESS before walking into the room

ATHENA FIXED HER WHITE DRESS before walking into the room. all eyes were on her. she was nervous. her knees felt weak and her hands gripped on the flowers she was holding. today was the day. the day was she going to be mrs. corey shain fogelmanis.

corey was more nervous than athena. he didn't want to mess up his wedding day. everything had to be perfect. corey looked up from the ground and saw his future wife. he gave her a soft smile as her beautiful blue eyes connected with his eyes.

the couple were looking at each other, not believing this was happening. they couldn't believe that they were marrying their best friend, their true love. athena began to walk down the aisle.

sabrina wiped the tears streaming down her face. she gripped onto peyton's right hand as her other hand touched her stomach. she was expecting.

"my sister's growing up." sabrina whispered to peyton. peyton agreed with his wife and sniffed. he was slightly crying too.

rowan watched as her best friend walked down the aile. she watched her two best friend fall in love and now, she was watching them get married. it's been seven years. she looked away from the bride to see who was here. her eyes connected to the boy she loved. he was looking back at her. she gave a smile to him and he smiled back.

blake and rowan were still looking until athena was beside corey. the two looked away from each other but blake kept glancing at the maid of honor, which was of course rowan.

"dude, you're still hung up on her. i could tell," leo whispered to him. "remind me, why did you two break up?"

"long distance." blake answered sadly. the two went back to concentrate on the married couple.

diana smiled as her best friend and her ex-boyfriend tell their vows to each other. she wasn't hurt, obviously. she was happy. the two loved each other from the start and it made her happy they were together now.

"are you okay, babe?" uriah asked diana. diana smiled and put her hand on her eight-month old stomach. she was happy that she was expecting again. after she lost her first child, she was scared to lose another but uriah helped her. now, they are having their first child together.

"yeah, i'm just sore." she told him.

dustin smiled at the couple. he gripped his hand on his boyfriend's hand. his boyfriend, amir, turns his head to look at him.

"hopefully, we can be like that one day." amir told him. dustin blushed and nodded his head.

"one day." he whispered.

the pastor began to talk about how corey and athena would be married and blah blah blah (author note; sorry I don't know this stuff lol)

"do you, athena grace carpenter, take corey shain fogelmanis to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the pastor asked athena. athena looked at corey and smiled.

"i do." she says.

"do you, corey shain fogelmanis, take athena grace carpenter, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"i do. forever and always." athena blushed and smiled at him.

"you may now kiss the bride."

corey grabbed athena by the waist and brought his lips to hers. the kiss being passionate and slow. the two break their kiss and look at the applauding crowd. the couple were officially married. corey was athena's husband and athena was his wife.

"we're married. why?" athena whispered to him. she gave him a teasing grin.

"because i love you."

"awe you're so cute. i love you too."

𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥. 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥. 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺.
nicholas sparks

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍.