viii

REAL LIFE

"WHAT" HE YELLED BACK

"i need your help." she yelled. she heard the sound of footsteps. her door opens and there appeared a tired blake.

"what do you want, goddess?" he asked. since athena was named after the greek goddess, he decided to call her goddess to annoy her. athena slightly liked it.

"close the door and sit by me." she said. he closes and jumps on her bed. he looks at her.

"so...what do you want help with? this better not be about what happened last time." he said. athena's cheeks turned pink at the memory of her and blake recording a video. the video was to win three tickets to halsey. since sabrina was famous, athena could just have bought it but she wanted to earn it. sadly, they didn't win the contest but the video somehow went public. which ended up embarrassing blake and athena at school.

"i need help with love...." she slowly said. at first, blake had a blank expression. it was just...blank. but a couple seconds of understanding it, his lips curved into a smile.

"who's the dude?" he asked.

"actually, dudes." she said. he gave her a confused expression until he realized what she had meant.

"you like two dudes, do you?" he asked. she nodded.

"i like corey but...i don't know if i like dustin." she slowly said. he nods his head and thinks about it for a bit.

"which boy have you known longer?" he asked.

"dustin." she said.

"the best part of a relationship is conversation. who do you talk more easily?" he asks.

"dustin." she answered.

"why?" he asked.

"i've known dustin for eleven years. it was easier to talk to him because he was more like diana. he was like a brother to me but...something's changed." athena described.

"what changed?" he asked.

"my feelings."

"what are your feelings for corey?" he asked.

"i've known him for two years and i knew i had a crush on him. he's sweet. he's basically a farkle in real life, like me." she said.

"how long did it take for you to talk to corey?" blake asks as he ruffles his hairs

"it took me about 3-5 days due to rowan pushing me to do it." she says. blake blushes at the mention of rowan.

"how about dustin?" he asked with his cheeks still pink.

"we spoke for the first time when we were twelve. i knew about him when we were in kindergarten but i never spoke to him until we were twelve." she remembered.

"you like corey because you felt a connection with him. how about dustin?" he asks.

"he's exactly like maya in real life. he tends to break rules but yet, still be loyal to their close friends." she described.

"this is the triangle in real life." blake muttered.

"you like corey because he's the good boy and he's a good influence. meanwhile, dustin shows the adventurous side of you that people, even yourself, have never seen?" blake described. athens listens to his words, trying to understand.

"i'm sorry, goddess but i can't help you choose the guy. but i can help you find out which one is for you." he said.

"then, help me!" she yelled.

"i already did." he said. she sighs and runs her eyes. blake wraps his arm around his cousin.

"you are really stressed about this, are you?" he asked. she nods his head.

"hey, how about you and me have a chick flick movie marathon?" he asks. athena stops rubbing her eyes and looks at him.

"you would do that?" she asks. he nods.

"thanks gryffindor, that means a lot." she says. she stands up and goes through her movies. she had at least picked five movies. he walks towards the door. he was going out to grab some food.

"it's no problem, goddess." he said before leaving.