chapter eleven | The Dress

Start from the beginning

"Try it all and see if you can make it to where she is now. And you know what? You're right about one thing. Mangle is a freak and freaks are different from normal people. And I sure as hell would rather her be different than be anything like you." I said with a growl. Her eyes were wide and she looked on the verge of tears. I quickly turned and walked back to the table, too furious to do anything else. I sat down with the gang and they all looked at me with surprise-stricken faces.

"Geez Foxy, I didn't know you were that passionate about Mangle," Freddy said with a laugh. I smiled. Neither did I.

>>timeskip<<

It's already Thursday and Mangle hasn't come to school yet. This isn't like her. The dance is tomorrow and I don't know where she is. I sighed. I suppose I could visit her after school. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

>>mangle's p.o.v.<<

I lie on my bed with my face pressed against my pillow contemplating whether or not I should go to the dance. I sat up and sighed. I can't hide from the world forever. Or can I?

There was a noise outside my door. No! It's that Purple Fuck! I threw my pillow at the door and hid under my blanket. I managed to keep my breathing silent. After about 30 seconds, I slowly peeked my head out from under it. There stood my mom with a box in her arms and her eyebrows raised.

"Oh. It's you. Heh. Sorry." I said as I sat back up. She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Here this was at our doorstep and it's addressed to you." She said as she placed the box on my bed and walked out. I stared at it for a minute and saw my name messily scrawled across the top. I placed my shaky hands on top of it. What if this was from that guy?

But something about that messy scrawl was familiar. I grabbed my pocket knife and cut open the tape. I held my breath and slowly opened the flaps. As my eyes landed on the contents of the box I gasped.

It was...

It was the dress.

I quickly pulled it out of the box and admired it. I pulled my white pajama top off and pulled it over my head. It fit perfectly. I went back to the box and saw two more things. The first was a beautiful pair of white heels and the second was a piece of paper. I grabbed it and read.

"Dear Mangle, my beautiful princess,

I saw you looking at this dress at the mall, but you didn't buy it. It was probably too expensive but I knew it would look stunning on you. I can't wait to see you in it tomorrow."

I looked in the mirror and sighed. This did look stunning on me. This must have been the doing of Foxy. Wow. I can't even. I quickly walked to the bed and grabbed the heels. I slipped my feet in them. They to were a perfect fit. I stood and walked. You know what, I think I will go to the dance.

>>timeskip<<

>>angel's (mangle's mom's) p.o.v.<<

I moved around the kitchen to the music as I cooked dinner. The water boiled in the pot and I made sure the top was covering it. As I moved to the music I heard a knock at the door. I wiped my hands on my apron and walked over. Twisting the doorknob, I looked outside.

There was a young man with longish red hair, a gold eye, and an eyepatch over the other. He had on a pair of black jeans and a red t-shirt. Instead of two hands though, he had a hook on one. I laughed.

"Hasn't Halloween passed already?" I said with a smile. He laughed.

"Uh. Y-yeah. I-I'm looking for Mangle." He said, stuttering slightly.

An accent?

Wait a second!

"Your name isn't by chance Foxy, is it?" I asked as I opened the door more.

"Y-yeah. It is." He replied and scratched the back of his neck. I gasped. Oh my God!

"Please, come in. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you!" I said as I ushered him through the door. He nodded and stepped in, although before he got any further than the welcome mat he stopped and bent down. I stood and watched peculiarly. He pulled off his shoes and set them by the door. He stood up and looked at me.

"Wow. I didn't even have to tell you." I said with a smile. He smiled back.

"My mom makes me do the same. I thought it would be impolite not to." He said as he stood.

"You can sit down," I said as I motioned to the couch.

"Oh. T-thank you." He replied and took a seat. I laughed. How adorable. And so gentleman-like. I already love him.

"I'll go get Mangle," I said as I walked up the stairs.

"Mangle, sweetheart, there's someone here to see you," I called.

"Who?" She replied through the door.

"Well, you'll have to get off your lazy bum and find out yourself," I said with a smile. She groaned and I made my way back downstairs. I walked back into the kitchen and heard the door open.

>>mangle's po.v.<<

I slowly trudged downstairs. Who would come to see me? I turned the corner and was surprised at who I saw. It was Foxy. He turned his head towards me and instantly stood. Before I could react, he had his arms around me in a hug. My cheeks turned scarlet and I slowly hugged back.

"Y-you weren't answering my calls, texts, voicemails, nothing. Everyone's so worried." He said as he pulled away and held my shoulder with one hand. I averted my eyes from him. The guilt inward slowly swallowed me up. He sighed.

"I bought your ticket." He said as he grabbed something from his pocket and handed it to me. It was a small white and blue slip with snowflakes. I smiled.

"T-thanks Foxy," I replied. He blushed and nodded.

"Anyways. I should be going now." He said as he grabbed his shoes. I nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said with a smile. He nodded and waved.

"Bye."