12. Daniel in Danger

Pietro relished the battered Cod and haddock Daniel served him. There was a special lemon tartar sauce to go with it, some sweet potato chips and spicy gravy made using green peas.

"These chips are quite thick. We can't get anything like this in the supermarket. It tastes excellent with the gravy. Where did you get it?" he asked.

"I made it," Daniel answered eating along with him.

"Made it? How did you? There isn't one bit of oil," Pietro asked examining the fry closely.

Daniel gave a quizzical look, "I used the air fryer. It was stocked on the top shelf," he said.

"Oh! That one. I never used it even once," Pietro said laughing.

"Your kitchen and garden are everything Mr. Boselli. It is stocked with the most modern amenities and the most exotic herbs. I would cook here all day," Daniel said.

"I planted everything in my garden," Pietro said, "I love my garden. As you see I eat most of it," he gave his heart melting smile again and Daniel hid his head on his forearm in the table.

"What is it, Daniel? Why are you hiding?"

"Your smile. Candies and chocolates and rabbits fly before my eyes. Are you even real? Is it even legal for a person to be this beautiful?"

Pietro patted Daniel on his shoulder playfully. "He is mighty strong," Daniel thought.

"So... you like me?" Pietro asked.

"Is that even a question? Has anyone in their right sense ever said they don't like you?"

"I suppose that means we can have fun tonight," Pietro asked expectantly.

Daniel suddenly understood where it was leading. Bringing him here, allowing him to stay in the apartment, the kiss in the sunset. "God! I should have given him a very wrong impression," he thought

"Mr. Boselli.... I" he started.

"Call me Pietro or just P. All my friends call me that."

"I should probably call you "Chicco." Your face is like an apple, a fruit or to be exact a berry."

"You think so," Pietro asked with a childlike enthusiasm.

"You know my mother always calls me that. And Keira and .... Others too," he blushed like an adolescent boy.

"Is Kiera your girlfriend?"

"What? No. She is my mother's friend."

"I know," Daniel mocked, "and who is this 'others' your boyfriend?"

"Devil. You are here for just one day and want to know everything already."

"Oh my God! Your face is crimson. You blush like a baby. You really look like an apple now. A ripe apple.... Chicco," Daniel got up and hugged Pietro who was still relishing his dinner.

"Daniel you are burning. God! I should not have taken you out. And you cooked dinner too. We have to meet James now," Pietro got up from his chair hurriedly only to catch Daniel fainting in his arms.

 We have to meet James now," Pietro got up from his chair hurriedly only to catch Daniel fainting in his arms

After twenty minutes. 

"You went uphill riding?" James asked.

"Yeah. He insisted he wanted to swim. I wanted to distract him. He was very strong and sportive. Besides, he cooked an elaborate dinner. It should have been a lot of work," Pietro was very worried. Guilt was killing him. I should have taken better care of Daniel.

"We need to find out the reason for the fever. If he is able to pull up such a feat in this condition, something else should be bugging him. What did he cook?"

"James. Does that even matter now?"

"Well, the smell is delicious. I won't mind joining."

"Fish. I will call you next time because I already finished everything."

"That's it. Was he starving? Did you even give him anything to eat?

"I did. He ate lunch with gusto. But he..... seemed to be meddling with food.... During dinner. I did not notice."

"Busy filling yourself huh?"

"James you know how I am with food. I was back from the gym, starving and the house smelled fish"

"And you rolled your sleeves and dug in?" James and Pietro both laughed.

James checked on Daniel. He was sleeping quietly. A saline bottle was attached to his hand. The fever did not subside a bit.

"Do you know where he comes from? I need to know whether he had any prior infection."

"I will wake him up and ask."

"No stop. He fainted. His body was convulsing when I came. There are possibilities for million infections. I have given sleep drugs. Talk to him when he wakes up. I want to see his medical records and know what he was doing the past week."

"I will contact his manager and get the details."

"And Pietro..... don't indulge him in any sexual activity whatsoever, till I steer him clear. Besides, he is very very weak."

Pietro nodded in acceptance. James was an expert when it came to STD's. Half of London's VIP's were is regular customers. He maintained his patient details very confidentially.

Pietro called Petar in a few minutes. He agreed to send Daniel's medical file. "This is exactly why Lucas kept him away. But, he deserved the last two days. Daniel did not leave him for a moment. Has Daniel caught the infection? Was he going to die? Should I tell Joey about it?" Petar wondered what to do. 

To all Janiel fans, 

Is Daniel infected too? Will Joey come for him? How will Pietro and Daniel's relationship develop further? Keep reading. New updates coming soon.