Chapter 16: Their Tragic Past

-Previously On Sacrificial Groom-

Leaning against the tree, the (E/C) eyed male looked up to the night sky, stars and the moon shining into the night.

"Problems with the Sakamaki's?" Turning towards the sound, he saw a man with long black hair and red eyes with a long black robe. "Who are you?" (M/N) demanded. "My name isn't important, but their past is," That perked his interest.

"Y-You know their past?" He asked and the other male nodded. "I could even show you." He held his hand out.

This, this is it! My answer to my hallucinations!

Grabbing his hand and shaking his hand, the world turn back in time.

-Now-
-(M/N)'s POV-

I tumbled on the cold cobblestone floor and I groaned. "Wow, what a soft landing." I said, sarcastically.

"Hey, this is-" I was cut of by three boys, who were a child versions of the triplets. The guy looked at me as I stared at the kids.

"These are their childhood memories from their past, they don't see you." The guy said as three black bats were released from a net that little Laito held.

"The bats I just caught, got away." Said little Kanato as he wiped his tears. "Don't cry, Kanato. We can catch them again." Laito said to him. They're different, why did they changed?

"Yeah, stop your sniveling! I'll catch 'em for you!" Little Ayato said and they ran, only to be held off by a woman with long violet hair.

"Is this where you've been?" She asked, snappy. I turned to the guy, "Is she the mother of the triplets?" The guy nodded.

The triplets looked at their mother, Laito and Kanato agreed to leave Ayato so that the mother can talk to him. "You're going back inside to study," She said, staring at Ayato.

"N..No way! All I've done is study!" Ayato explained. "I don't want any excuses. Return to your room." The mother said, harshly. "How come Kanato and Laito get to play while all I get to do is study?" (Just saying but, this is literally me and my mother)

"Because you're not like other children." She answered. I clutched my fist as I growled at her. Why is she acting this way to her own son? "No! I wanna play more!" Ayato exclaimed.

"How many times must I tell you?! You are the successor. Do you understand what that means? Now, tell me what you must do." She yelled at Ayato. She's this close to slapping her bitch ass face with my hand.

"I must become number one." Ayato answered, making me growl. "Ayato! You don't need to be number one! Don't you ever be with those villains who sings 'We Are Number 1!'" I exclaimed.

"And if you fail?" She questioned. "I am not my mother's child."

What?!

Bitch, what kind of a fucked up mother are you?

I glared at the women with hatred, I felt my hands shift. The guy puts his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "You can glare all you want, but you can't attack her. You'll only get through her." He said and I rolled my eyes.

I heard someone laughing and a dog barking, I turned my head to see Shu, smiling and laughing at the German Shepherd he was holding. I got to say this, but he looks cute when he smiles and laughs. How come he's so cold and emotionless now? Little Shu went towards the gazebo where a blonde woman is and little Reiji is.

"Huh, Reiji is still the same as now. I'm really sure that's Shu and Reiji's mother." I said and the guy nodded. Shu told his mother if he could keep it but she decline, making the butler took the dog away. Shu started to argue with his mother, how the dog was given to him from a boy named 'Edgar'. Reiji just glared at him and told his mother that he memorized the book, only to be ignore.

Why not Reiji be the violet-head's son when Ayato isn't smart?

Suddenly, the scene changed and I was on a pathway with white roses and it's sides. I looked down and saw a single white rose and I picked it up, not caring if the thorns pierced into my hand. The blood started to drip from my palm and splat into the cobblestone floor. I looked forward to see little Subaru looking at the small window with bars in it. I take a closer look an saw a woman with white hair, same as Subaru.

She looked at her son for a few moments before walking away from his sight. Then the scene change and I saw the violet haired bitch with a guy. "Hey, isn't that yo-" I stopped and looked around. He's gone? I looked back at the two and the man kissed the bitch's hand. In the corner of my eye, I saw Ayato hiding on a pillar.

I looked back at the woman and she saw Ayato, she glared at him before looking straight into my eyes. I felt sudden coldness into my body and I gasped. Without knowing it, I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehehe, sorry if I didn't updated the story for a long time. I've been busy with music class and preparations. Also, I got sick when I was about to publish the story.