Chapter 15, part 1

Start from the beginning

"How did we get outside?"

Ryker appeared too set at his task to notice the change. He said nothing, instead lifting Emmie's hips until she was on her knees and elbows, then with his palms massaging her bottom, he placed his own hips against her, pushing himself into where recently his fingers had been.

Emmie gasped. She'd forgotten what a pure, primal thrill Ryker's bedroom (or in this case, top of the mountain) skills gave to her. The abrupt and inexplicable change in scenery no longer mattered. All that did was what was happening between the two of them on that bed. She realized, just like he had said, that this wasn't complicated. It was perfectly natural and simply perfect. It was what two people did when they were attracted to each other. There was nothing wrong with this. In fact, it was very, very right.

Balancing with one hand on her lower back, Ryker reached his other around, groping her like he was sampling a ripe melon at the store. The stars glowed brighter as his thrusts became more intense; soon they were in the middle of a glowing orb. Emmie took note of the change peripherally and Ryker seemed not to notice at all. If anything, the light animated him, making him more insistent in his desire to have her. He pinched and squeezed her flesh, moaning as Emmie rocked beneath his hold.

Emmie was just about to suggest a change in positions – something that would up her chances of peaking, when Ryker's low moan turned into a quiet hum. At first, Emmie could block it out. After all, Ryker's thrusts hadn't gotten any less frequent or forceful. Soon, though, the humming became undeniable, the melody familiar. It began to affect her concentration.

Words, sung remarkably in tune, soon followed: "She said I am the one, who will dance on the floor in the round."

Emmie froze, her hands gripping the sheets. "What?"

Ryker kept his momentum, though he did stop singing for a moment. The pause didn't last, however, and soon, he was humming again. More lyrics followed. "She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son."

"Ryker! Seriously?" She bucked her hips, pushing him off enough so she could turn around.

He kept his place on top of her, hands grasping hers and pressing them up beside her head, eyes mournful as the brilliant light around them began to dim. "Be careful of what you do 'cause the lie becomes the truth."

He released her hands, rolled to his side and stepped off the bed onto the floor, which was now a small glacial lake rather than a rocky outcropping on a towering mountain. Down he went into its murky depths. Emmie scrabbled to the edge of the bed, trying to spot him in the dimming light. "Ryker! Ryker, where are you?"

            Just when she was contemplating jumping in after him, his head bobbed up above the water near the far shore

Just when she was contemplating jumping in after him, his head bobbed up above the water near the far shore. Emmie floated on her mattress raft as Ryker made his way to a narrow strip of beach, naked back dripping as he emerged from the water. He cut a handsome silhouette, towering over the water, all broad back and narrow waist: Poseidon, sans his trident. She called to him again and again but he never turned around. It was as though she no longer existed in his mind. He walked up the embankment lining the shore and disappeared into the grassy thicket beyond.

Emmie was left alone to contemplate her fate as a pregnant buoy floating on an anonymous lake in the middle of nowhere. Head resting upon an oversized pillow, she stared up at the sky, now returned to its star-filled nightscape. The unfinished romp with Ryker left her aching for more. She would have finished the job herself, but soon the wilderness-inspired white noise of chittering crickets gave way to the jarring all-too familiar electronic blare of balls being tossed into holes and tokens being slid into arcade games.

"What the hell?" She had just enough time to catch a glimpse of a gigantic rat running past the bed before sleep left her and the dream faded away.

Emmie didn't know what to feel. She was grateful she'd woken before some sort of confrontation with Chuck occurred, but she was also frustrated that she'd had to have such a crazy Ryker-filled dream in the first place. Ryker couldn't be that much on her mind that she'd still be conjuring him to play the romantic lead in her weird universe-hopping sex dream. Plus, she'd felt genuinely bad for him at one point. She hadn't even blamed him for jumping ship and swimming away from her.

If there was one thing Emmie didn't want to feel, it was guilt. Yet, it nagged at her, along with unfulfilled desire and a craving for pizza – not deep dish, and certainly not the kind the rat would serve. She wanted Marty's pizza – the pizza Ryker used to bring over. She lay there for a long time contemplating which hunger -- sexual or food, was stronger at the moment. Finally, sex won out. As her fingers slid between her legs, she imagined Ryker's strong arms pinning hers to the bed, she thought of how he would grind into her in a way he knew would massage just the right spot.

She thought of his eyes, mournful and beautiful, as she brought herself to climax, wishing for all the world that she was back on her floating mattress next to him, no one else able to stand in the way of them doing what they both knew was right.

A/N: If you didn't know what song Ryker was singing, the answer is above ^^^. 

Dream sequences can be a tricky thing and not everyone likes them, so if you fall into that camp, I'm sorry but I just couldn't help myself. And neither could Emmie, apparently ;) Seems as though she hasn't lost that attraction to Ryker and his god-like abs!

Thank you for sticking with the story! Today's votes go to Sexy Dream Ryker in hopes that it will encourage him to invade more dreams. Hopefully he'll stick around long enough next time to finish the job!

I'll have another fan-made cover to showcase next Friday. Have a great week everyone!