Chapter 3, part 2

A/N: the fun, adult, sexy time is about to begin. If you have "delicate sensibilities" and don't wish to read about this, feel free to skip to the bottom of this chapter. Everyone else, have at it!

Emmie had never been a prude, but she had to admit, inviting Ryker up to her apartment and peeling off layers of clothing because she knew it would drive him wild was quite out of character for her. Aimee Larsen certainly never would have done such a thing with a man she'd just met. But she was Emmie Marsden now, and Emmie Marsden needed this. She needed Ryker and then she needed him to leave and she needed to be okay with that.

As long as he was here with her, his broad shoulders a head above her own, ready to wrap her up in his arms and carry her to the couch or to the bed or to wherever he would have her, she could forget what had happened back in Chicago. She could forget her old life and focus on the here and now. She could pay attention to the yearning deep within her that she'd denied herself since Ian's arrest, and if she were honest with herself, since well before then too. She'd been attracted to Ian at first, but that attraction hadn't produced the sort of earth shattering desire she was experiencing now.

While she had enjoyed her time between the sheets with Ian, she hadn't craved it either. It had taken Ian's absence for her to realize she didn't miss having sex with him. But she did miss sex itself. And she missed good sex even more. She had to dig far back in her mind to unearth a hot, passionate night from her memories. That said, right now, everything in her past made a poor comparison to what was building with Ryker; in the space of a few short minutes, they had become two purely sexual beings solely intent upon quenching each other's thirst.

No longer was she the wallflower wishing to recede into the corner of his family's diner in order to avoid him. She had no fear as she stood there, her heart beginning to race. His gaze moved up and down, unable to settle between her face and chest. Emmie's striptease had worked its magic, arousing him in a manner that was obvious even from where she stood. Just a couple of feet away, desire poured off of him, spilling out into the space around them and threatening to drown them both if they didn't do something about it.

Soon, Ryker did do something. He made his way over, pressing himself against her. His lips found hers with a surprising softness, a new wave of passion hitting as his kiss quickly deepened, becoming more demanding until he ended it so that he could focus his attention elsewhere. His hands slid over her shoulders and made their way to her chest, fingers teasing the tender flesh through the lace of her bra. She arched her back, pushing herself towards him, encouraging him to keep going, touching and groping and pinching. She reached behind her back to undo the clasp of her bra, tearing herself free of it while Ryker looked on approvingly, the curve of his lips unable to hide the rush of desire her bare skin caused him.

His fingers resumed their exploration. It was impossible to say if letting him play with her nipples was more arousing for her or for him. She grasped his head in her hands. Their eyes locked for a moment. He seemed to know what she wanted, what they both wanted. He lowered his head, his tongue tasting her skin as it made its way down to her her chest. There, his mouth took over where his fingers had left off, licking and sucking and biting, driving her mad with a level of need she hadn't known was possible.

After a minute he raised his head, growled, and kissed her again, the passion behind it enough to make her sway on her feet. Ryker caught her as she leaned to the side, his arm holding her around the waist as he walked her backwards until she was up against the wall between the living room and kitchen. It was his turn to pull away this time. She couldn't help but gasp as his lips parted from hers. She needed more, more kisses, more touches, more Ryker.

His smile held the knowledge of her state of desperation. "Tell me where you want me."

"Here," she spoke breathlessly. "Now, Ryker. Now."