Chapter Sixteen-You Have Mail

Start from the beginning

I close the roof, turn the ignition off, and hop out of the car, with the girls following me. We walk over to the mailbox, which still has some candles and very, very dead flowers.

Pheonix hands me my siblings masks, and I take them, thanking her. I kneel down in front of their soon to be resting place, and say a prayer for Matthew and Sophia. Then I stand up, open the mailbox, and place the masks inside.

"Uh oh, we have a problem."

I turn around and see three white cars heading towards us. I reach down to my holster and grab my ray gun.

"Girls, get behind the car for cover. None of you are leaving me today."

Pheonix crouches by the trunk of the car, while Bullet and Psychotic are where the doors are. I hide along the hood, where there is the most exposure, but I don't care.

The cars slide to a stop about fifty feet away from our Mustang. Four Dracs and one S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W appear from each car, totaling in twelve Dracs and three S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W's. This was more than I was expecting, but I believe that the girls will survive.

"Fire!"

The four of us start firing at our adversaries, surprising them. We're able to take down three Dracs and injure a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W before they start firing back.

The Dracs, not being very smart as usual, just shoot from where they are standing. Unfortunately, the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W's. are smart, and they hid behind their vehicles.

We easily take out the rest of the Dracs within five minutes. The real challenge is the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W's, the only thing that BL/Ind produces that works.

Eventually we get two down, leaving the one closest to me still standing. The girls and I all shoot at him at once, making him go down quickly.

"Good job girls. We did it. Now let's go see if there is any supplies in their cars."

I walk around to the other side of the car and start walking towards the enemies' cars. I'm about halfway there when I hear Bullet yell. I turn to see what she's yelling about, but then I feel a pain in my chest.

I look down to see blood, and lots of it. There is more yelling and then the pounding of footsteps, then it goes black.

Party's P.O.V.

We finally arrive at the gas station, where my love is hopefully at. I, of course, don't wait for my friends, and run inside.

"Brutal! Are you here? Bullet! Psychotic! Pheonix! Do you have Brutal?"

I hear no response, so I start searching everywhere for them. When I reach the guest room, I see that it's been changed a little bit, like someone is actually living in the room.

The guys come into the room and a look of sadness grows on all of their faces.

"I'm sorry man, but it looks like she's all moved into here."

Kobra places his hand on my shoulder, giving me a look of sympathy. I jerk away from him and angrily stomp away. I didn't want his or anyone's sympathy, I just wanted Brutal.

I hear the car radio crackle to life, then Dr. D's voice.

"Hello? Are any of you there? We have an emergency ."

Immediately my mind goes to Brutal, but then I realized it could be anyone.

"Guys! C'mere! There's a problem!"

The others come jogging over to me and we walk over to the Trans Am and get in. I press the button on the car that allows us to communicate with Dr. D, and start to speak.

"Yeah D? What's up?"

"Um well there's a VERY big problem down at the Phoenix Witch's mailbox."

I turn the ignition on and start heading towards where Dr. D said the situation was.

"Okay, do you know what happened, or at least who they are?"

"Yes and yes. There were twelve Dracs and three S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W's. The four girls actually defeated all of them, or so they thought. One of the Dracs did survive, and when one was walking over, it shot her in the chest. She's not waking up, they fear that she's dead."

"Wow, that's very unfortunate. But you said you knew who they were."

"Yes I do, but you have to promise me not to freak out Party."

"Okay I won't, just tell me."

"It was Brutal, Party. Brutal is the one that got shot."

******************

Instead of the usual three and a half hours, it took us two hours and forty minutes because I may have or may not have been going full speed the whole way.

When we reach the girls, I see they have moved Brutal into the shade the car was giving. I sprint over to them to find them all sobbing.

"Party! We didn't mean for this to happen! We just came to drop off her siblings' masks! I knew we shouldn't have done it!"

Ghoul comes over and Bullet starts crying into his arms. The same goes for Pheonix and Psychotic when Jet and Kobra come over.

I kneel down next to Brutal and hold her in my arms. Even a few tears slip out of my eyes. I try to find a pulse but I can't.

No. She can't be gone. She can't. By now I'm sobbing as well, rocking my love in my arms.

She can't be gone. She can't.

THE END! Haha just kidding. I'm not that mean. Mean enough to kill off the main character? Maybe. You'll find out. But in other news, today I read A Splitting of the Mind. I recommend it 11/10, but you will cry. Also there's only 7-8 chapters left! Okay that's all I have to say so bye, see you next time!