How You Meet

Seto Kaiba
Domino city was bustling with life in the nighttime, if anyone thought that the city was busy in the daytime they know nothing about Domino city. When nighttime came along everything changed, boring old buildings were lighted up with neon signs and the streets were full of duellists, you heard even some famous duellists come to Domino City to duel in the night, but you weren't really into the game heck you don't even know who created the game. You were so engrossed in the city, you didn't notice that you had wondered into the middle of the road and that a speeding car had just taken a sharp turn. Everything happened in a second, first you had turned around with a small smile which fell when you saw the car and then suddenly you had been pinned to the ground. You looked up and saw piercing blue eyes staring into yours, a strong man had you pinned underneath him, as the car braked with a loud screech.
"What just happened?" You whispered to the stranger.
"You were almost killed by that car, you should pay more attention." He growled.
"Sorry sometimes I zone out thanks by the way." All of sudden it hit you that a stranger was on top of you in the middle of the city.
"I don't want to make this awkward but could you please get off of me?" It didn't take long until he had stood up and dusted himself off, he looked away from you but still offered you his hand up. Gently you put your small hand into his and he pulled you up swiftly and strongly, he quickly released your hand and began walking away.
"Wait! What's your name?" He stopped and looked behind him his face completely emotionless.
"You mean you don't know who I am?"
"No, should I? I'm (Y/N) by the way."
"I'm Seto Kaiba."
"Well thanks for saving me Seto."
"You'll call me Kaiba and you're welcome." He continued walking away leaving you a little flustered.

Joey Wheeler
It was your favourite class - Chemistry - and your teacher was about to assign you a partner for your project, which involved making a presentation showing how to balance chemical equations properly. Truthfully this assignment was going to be easy, you loved chemistry especially doing the equations.
"Yugi and Bakura will be a partners, Teá and Tristan, Joey and (Y/N)..."
Wait, Joey? Isn't he one of the idiots you hangs out with the short kid? You've never been formally introduced to him, you tended to hang out with kids like you, the smart kids from overbearing parents.
"Earth ta (Y/N), anyone there?" He waved his hand in front of your face speedily.
"Yes I'm here I was just thinking we should get started right away."
"What are we doing again?"
"We're balancing chemical equations and making a presentation on how to do them."
"Balancing what what's?" This is going to be along project.

Yami Bakura
You were sadly at a funeral, you yourself weren't very sad considering the funeral was for someone you didn't know. She died at age ninety-three and was your great aunt who you never met but your family thought they should go anyways. The service was quiet and awkward everyone kept shuffling their feet feeling out of place because no one knew her well. Your Father was wiping his eyes, he didn't know her either but he was very sensitive and cried at every Disney movie. Without your older sister noticing, you backed away quietly towards the old water fountain you spied when you drove into in the cemetery.  Once in the clear you made a break for it and finally you got there safely and you sat by the edge of the fountain.
"Hello there." You heard a deep voice say out of nowhere, the sudden voice surprised you and you fell backwards into the water, your black clothes were drenched and your hair stuck to your face.
"Quite clumsy aren't you?" He chuckled.
"Had no one ever told you to not sneak up on people?!" You yelled at him, he just smirked and shrugged his shoulders, he then held out his hand to pull you up, you graciously took hold of it. He pulled you up part ways before letting go of your hand purposely.
"Oops."
"Hey, you did that on purpose!" He chuckled again and held out his hand.
"For real this time?" You sighed and grabbed his hand again, he pulled you up and when he was about to let go you grabbed his sleeve and pulled him in to the water. He glared at you but it wasn't very intimidating considering his fluffy hair had decreased in size and stuck to his face.
"You she devil how dare you?"
"You deserved it." You giggled.
"I did not." He huffed, you just smiled and stood up your now wet clothes weighing you down,
"I better get going it was nice meeting you...?"
"Bakura and you name is? Just for the record I don't care what your name is."
"I'm (Y/N), hope I'll see you around."

Marik
You were sipping on a (F/D) while you watched some reckless teenagers having a street race, you always preferred watching this then duelling. Zoom! A third bike entered the race out of nowhere and people began cheering and cursing at the same time but you were to intent on the racer. He was skilled passing one of the racers without any struggle, his bike was an old model but probably worth more then everybody's bikes and houses put together. He was neck on neck with the second racer, they were both going dangerously fast and when you thought neither of them could go any faster the mystery man's bike picked up speed and crossed the finish line with a mile between them. His bike slid to the side and he got off removing his helmet, and when the girls caught sight of him he was surrounded. Somehow he managed to escape the crowd and get back on his bike. You walked up to him silently and gave him a confident smirk and pulled out a piece of paper and pen.
"You're pretty good, my names (Y/N) and here's my number, next time I sneak my mom's bike out we should race." You braced yourself for rejection but he took your number and smiled.
"Sounds like a plan, the names Marik see you around."

Yami Yugi
You were walking home late after a study session with a friend and you had your earbuds in - which made you feel like you were in a music video - so you had no clue what was happening on around you. Out of nowhere you ran into someone, but you held your ground and they were the one sent flying to the ground, you pulled out one of your earbuds and saw a boy with colourful hair on the ground but once he saw you he quickly got up.
"Didn't mean to run into you." You apologized.
"It's quite alright, I should have been paying attention anyway."
"Wait a second don't you go to my school?"
"Yes I do my names Yami and you're (Y/N), correct?"
"Yeah I am, how do you know my name?" His face began to glow a little red but you weren't quite sure since it was getting dark.
"We're in the same class for Language Arts."
"Truth be told I know like one person at the school, I don't really pay much attention to my peers."
"I try to know everyone, it's getting kind of late... could I walk you home."
"I'm going to say yes, but don't think this means I need you to protect me."
I warned him, he just smiled and chuckled, and then we began walking home.

If there's anymore characters you want just tell me in the comments or pm me (I've only seen the first generation so I might not do any characters from a different version.)