1 Last Chance, 1 Last Time

Your POV

We got into the stadium and we looked for our seats, then we realised...

"Wait, your guy's seats are far from ours," I stated. Their seats were rows closer than ours.

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways," Jackson said.

"We're not going to hang out with them? We did come hear with them. We could always trade tickets with the people next to them," Margaret suggested.

"Margaret, these tickets were expensive, I don't want to just give them away." Jackson replied.

"But you were fine with wasting the tickets by not coming at all!"

"It's fine!" I butted in. "We'll be fine by ourselves." Mordecai nodded in agreement.

"Um, okay see you guys later!" Margaret smiled.

I sighed in relief. It seems like I never get to hang out with Mordecai, just the two of us.

Time went on, and more and more people packed the stadium until it looked like every seat was taken. Opening act bands played in the background and they weren't half bad. Suddenly the general lights went out and stadium lights came on. Mystical Tadpole came on stage and the crowd went wild.

~~~

It was halfway through the show when MT took a break and there was a 30 minute intermission.

"Well, this is a good time to go pee," Mordecai said. "Be right back!" I nodded in acknowledgement.

God's POV

After Mordecai went to the bathroom he came across Margaret. He wanted to ask her something important.

"Well, look who it is!" Mordecai said to get her attention.

"Oh, Mordecai!" Margaret frantically look towards him. "What's up?"

"Actually, I have a question," Mordecai stated. "I-i want to know if (Y/N) likes me."

"Oh, o-okay," Margaret sheepishly smiled. She had a knot in her stomach and a little anxiety, but she wanted to help Mordecai.

"Okay so, well, I don't know. You've seen us together. Have you seen any signs or anything."

"Well, I saw you guys almost kiss," Margaret replied.

"So she did want to kiss me, right?" Mordecai's eyes widened in excitement.

"W-Well, it looked like you tried to kiss her!" Margaret debunked.

"But she didn't fight it! So that means there's a chance! I really like (Y/N). Possibly more than any other girl."

'Ouch' Margaret thought.

"I don't know. That's how I feel. But if there is any chance I want to take it! So, is there any chance? At all?"

Margaret didn't know what to say. If she said no she would be lying and hurt Mordecai, but if she said yes she might lose any chance to be with Mordecai she had and she wasn't sure if she was ready for that. Mordecai has always been this go-to-guy that she had to make her feel wanted when she was lonely, which wasn't often but still. She finally came up with her answer.

"Yes." Margaret uttered.

"Really?"

"Yes, you have a chance."

Mordecai jumped in excitement

"I can't believe it! I have a chance! Thanks Margaret. I've gotta find (Y/N)! I've gotta find-" Mordecai turned to go back to his seat and see (Y/N). But as he turned Margaret grabbed his arm making him turn back around towards her.

She quickly grabbed his face and bashed his lips against hers. Mordecai's eyes widened. After a couple seconds Margaret slowly parted from Mordecai.

"Margaret?" Jackson said. Margaret and Mordecai quickly jumped apart and saw Jackson and (Y/N).

"What's going on here?!" Jackson yelled.

"Jackson wait! It's-I can-" Margaret tried to explain.

"It's obvious what's happening here," (Y/N) said disappointedly. "Come on Jackson, let's just leave."

Jackson and (Y/N) walked towards where the parking lot would be.

"(Y/N) wait!" Mordecai yelled, but she just ignored him.

"I-i didn't know she was standing there. I'm sor-"

"Why did you do that?" Mordecai spoke in a calm yet angry tone.

"I'm sorry!" Margaret began to tear up. "I, just felt like it was going to be the last time, I could do that."

"You always do this!" Mordecai began to yell. "Whenever I start to get close to someone else that's when you make your move! You want me to be some sort of lost puppy, always loyal to you but never good enough to be with!"

"I-"

"No! You had your chance! Multiple chances! I'm over you! So please just..." Mordecai sighed. "I'm leaving. Mordecai got out his phone and called Rigby. "Rigby, please pick me up," Mordecai said as he walked away from Margaret. And there she stood, all alone.

--------

How do you like the story so far? Any suggestions? Comments and feedback are appreciated and make me happy. ❤