Try Harder

Hey guys! thanks so much for being interested in my fanfiction, means so much! Also I'm sorry if your best friend is a guy I automatically put female pronouns. I tried to put "they" instead of "she" but it didn't feel very natural. Also I drew this chapters cover so if you want to see it you can check out my deviantart: kuluru.deviantart.com and thanks again :D

(B/F/N)= best friend's name   (Y/N)= your name

You were sleeping in the living room of your best friend (B/F/N)'s apartment. You've been living with her since you guys got out of high school. You just got done with community college so you haven't actually found a job yet.

"(Y/N)! GET THE HELL UP!" yelled your best friend.

"Ughhh, why are you always so fucking loud, (B/F/N)?" You groaned.

"Your shit is everywhere! I told you to pick this place up cuz I have a study group  coming!" (B/F/N) was still in a university and had a fairly-well paying job.

"Sorry mom, I'll pick it up," you say getting up. (B/F/N) is still standing there watching you as you pick up your clothes extremely slow. This definitely ticked her off.

"THAT'S IT! YOU NEED TO FIND A JOB AND GET THE HELL OUTA HERE!"(B/F/N) screamed.

"Hey I'm trying, but finding a job is so haaaard," you complained.

"Well try haaaarder!"she mocked while grabbing one of your jackets and throwing at your face.

"HEY!"

She then pushed you out the apartment and locked the door. You started banging on the door.

"What the hell?!" You yelled.

Today you're going to look for a job whether you like it or not!" (B/F/N) yelled through the door.

"At least let me get dressed!"

"Why? It's not like you wear pajamas anyway,"

It's true. You usually fall asleep wearing whatever you had on for the day. Still, you were a little upset at the rudeness of your best friend. It's not like she's a bad friend or anything, but you two have been living together for so long you guys were at each other's throats a lot now. 'I guess this for the best.'You sighed at the thought. 'Well before I start looking for a job, I guess I have time to walk around.'

~~~

It's spring time, the perfect time to go to the park. This is usually the time of year when parks start replanting flowers so you decide it'd be nice to see them. You walk over to the place of the park that had the most planted flowers but to your surprise there were no flowers. In fact there were flowers to be planted right next to the dirt, but just haven't been yet.

"What a disappointment," you say out loud shaking your head.

"Hey Miss," a middle aged guy said who seemed to had heard you. "sorry for the inconvenience. I had 2 idiots on this simple assignment and they couldn't even do that!" He finished angrier than how he started the sentence. He then got into a golf cart and sped away screaming "THEY'RE SO FIRED FOR THIS!"

You felt really bad about that. 'If they get fired it's going to be because of me,' you thought. You've always hated conflict so you couldn't just let whoever that man was talking about get fired. You decided you were going to plant them yourself. Maybe then the man wouldn't be so angry.

~~30 minutes later~~

You were done planting the flowers and they looked really nice. Feeling proud of yourself gave you enough energy to go on the the other side of the garden to get some water and water the garden. Then you noticed the golf cart come back with another guy in there with the guy from before.

"Skips, I can't find Mordecai and Rigby anywhere and people are complaining about the garden, please plant them real fast," the first guy said now with a clipboard in hand.

"It looks like they're already planted to me, Benson,"said the one named Skips. He looked about the same age as 'Benson' but with more muscles, white hair, and he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"What the?" Benson said while stopping the cart.

You were all dirty, holding a watering can making it pretty obvious you were the one who planted them.

"Did you do this?" Benson asked a bit astonished.

"Uh, yeah. I mean I had nothing better to do,"you said 'except getting a job.'

"Well thanks, and sorry you had to do this, I'll make sure to fire the two lazy-asses who didn't do it,"

"Oh no!" You defended. "It's fine you don't need to fire them, it's no big deal."

You took off the gloves you were wearing to plant the flowers and handed them to Benson.

"Well, I better go. Gotta do some job hunting," you say with a smile, walking off.

"Wait!" Benson said to you making you stop on your tracks. "How about you have a job at the park."

"What? Really?!" You said surprised.

"Sure you don't seem like a slacker, and you would get your own room where staff live."

"Oh my God yeah I'd love to! Thank you so much!" You instantly got on the phone to call your best friend.

"(B/F/N), I just got a job! And get this, they give me a place to live so I can move out now! What was that? It sounded like a  bunch of stuff getting thrown into a cardboard box. Yeah, and that sounds like package tape."

~~~

Your roommate was so gracious to have all you stuff packed and out of the apartment by the time you got there so you could move into your room immediately. You knocked on the front so someone would open it and after about a minute of no one answering Benson came out of nowhere from behind you and opened the door for you.

When he opened the door you see to guys playing video games on the couch.

"Are you kidding me?!" You said, for them to make you wait outside when they're literally right next to the door. Benson just groaned at the sight of them. The one with blue and black hair turned away from the video game first to look at the door.

"Dude, who's that?" He asked his friend while nudging him.

"Hmmm?" His friend with brown hair muttered.

"This is (Y/N)," Benson started." She's a new coworker I just hired who will be staying here,"

"That's Mordecai and Rigby, the two idiots I was talking about,"Benson said now talking to you.

"Do we even have another room for her to sleep in?"the one named Rigby said.

"Yes.She'll be sleeping in the  computer room,"

"What?! She gets a computer in her room? Not fair!" Rigby complained.

"It's a bedroom sized room with nothing in it except a computer, so unless you two slackers wanna clean out your room for her she's sleeping in there! Now get up and help her put these boxes in her room." Benson then left the house, slamming the door.

Mordecai and Rigby got up from the couch, Rigby groaning while doing so, and helped you put your stuff in your room.