{Chapter 26}

Katelyn's POV

I ran down the halls, careful not to trip over the hem of my dress.

"Sheesh, to think I still have to wear this ridiculous thing," I thought stubbornly while picking up the skirt of my dress and slowed my run to a fast walk once I found the person I was looking for, Travis.

"Hey Katelyn, what's the rush?" Travis asked me pulling me to his side in a quick hug. I turned my head to the side to cover the blush that dusted my cheek.

"I found the evidence we need to show Jeffory the truth about Ivy's scheme," I smirked and held up the letter proudly. I watched Travis grin excitedly.

"We have to find Jeffory," Travis said picking me up and spinning me in a circle. I laughed.

"If you would put me down, then maybe we could find him," I said lightly hitting him in the shoulder to put me down. He gently set me down and we walked the hallway to find Jeffory.

"Ivy, I have to go now. I'll see you at dinner though," we heard Jeffory say through the door. Travis and I both rolled our eyes.

"Hey Jeffory, I got something you might want to see," I said as he walked out the door and flicked the envelope in his direction. Jeffory looked at me with confusion in his eyes.

"Alright," he said and proceeded to open the envelope. We watched intently as his eyes skimmed over the words on the page.

"Jeffory?" Travis asked cautiously stepping forward. Jeffory's head slumped downwards.

"Just let me talk to her. Alone please," Jeffory responded, neatly tucking the letter back into the envelope. Travis and I nodded and headed back to our rooms.

Ivy's POV
I quickly ran back from my spot where I was eavesdropping on Katelyn, Jeffory, and Travis.

"She always has to be at the center of attention, well I'll give her something that will change that," I thought deviously in my mind and turned on my heel heading towards the Throne Room to see the Queen.

Word Count: 351