{Chapter 7}

Katelyn's POV

I ran down the cobblestone streets searching for somewhere or someone familiar. I ran and ran until I stopped at a park and collapsed on a nearby bench.

"You can't run away from you problems forever," I heard a voice laugh near me. I looked up to see a pair of brilliant green eyes staring down at me. I blushed at how close he was to me.

"You have no idea what I just found out," I muttered. I heard a shuffling on my side and noticed Travis had moved to sit next to me.

"Well, you could explain," he said. I sighed and leaned on him too tired to even stand myself up on my own.

"The thing is, I'm now a princess. A princess to be married. A princess of the Queen. A princess with responsibilities," I said,"And this news has just been brought to my attention and now I have to deal with a new life and just everything." Travis looked at me sympathetically and stroked my hair.

"Katelyn, you were always one to fight for what you wanted, if anything you'll figure out a way to make the best of this situation," Travis said reassuringly. I let out a breath of exasperation.

"I hope so, I don't want to be a princess. And worst of all, I don't even know this person I'm getting engaged to," I sighed,"Will you visit?" Travis shifted his glance towards the ground.

"I don't think I can," Travis said about to say something else but decided not to.

"What is it?" I asked concerned.

"Well, after you were taken away Sasha came back, I'm banned from the palace. I'm seen as a threat to the treaty and your engagement," Travis mumbled. My eyes opened in shock.

"The Queen decides to steal my life away from me, and now my only friend I have," I growled clenching my fists.

"Hey, Katelyn. It's ok," Travis said placing his hand over my fist. I sighed and unclenched my fist. "If you ever need me come by the ice cream parlor and I'll be there." I nodded.

"Do I have to go back there," I asked sadly. Travis nodded his head.

"If you go missing they'll make a huge deal out of it. It's best that you head back to save the trouble," Travis said laughing to lighten the tension.

"I wish I could run away from this, it's nice to spend time with you," I sighed slowly standing up.

"Bye Katelyn," Travis said pulling me into a hug. I sighed and hugged him back.

"Goodbye Travis," I replied and headed back towards the castle to see what was in store for me next.

Word Count: 456