{Chapter 13}

Katelyn's POV

I slipped on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to blend in among the civilians in the city and headed out. I wandered around examining the architecture since this was one of the oldest countries to still exist.

"Princess," I heard a voice say.

"How did anyone figure out who I am," I thought in disbelief and turned towards the voice.

"Travis!" I said and jumped into his arms giggling,"You scared the living Irene out of me!" He laughed brushing a piece of snowy white hair out of his eyes.

"Dang he looks cute today," I thought but cut my thoughts out of my mind.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked me draping an arm around my shoulder as we kept walking.

"You don't know how bad I wish this could work out," I thought sadly to myself.

"Just wanted to get out of my "dungeon" for a bit," I responded raising my hood up more to hide my hair.

"I'm glad you did, I missed you," he said holding me closer. I blushed.

"So how've ya been?" I asked.

"Oh you know, running the shop, wandering around," Travis replied," I got a new regular though, her name was Aphmau. She comes to my shop everyday around this time."

"Aphmau! I know her, she's a good friend of mine," I laughed as we rounded the corner to the ice cream parlor.

"Katelyn! What a coincidence!" Aphmau said from across the street. She looked left and right then crossed the street towards Travis and I.

"Hey Aphmau," I said wrapping her into a hug.

"So are you two a thing?" Aphmau said nudging me in the side with her elbow. Travis and I both blushed.

"So Aphmau how's things with Aaron?" I asked her. She blushed.

"Uh, good," Aphmau said hiding her face with her hands. Travis and I laughed.

"Who wants ice cream," Travis declared. Aphmau and I laughed and headed inside. Once we finished eating out ice cream Aphmau had to leave and it was getting dark outside.

"The sunset's beautiful," I breathed in awe. Travis smirked.

"I have a better place if you want to come with me?" Travis said holding out his hand. I smiled and grabbed it while he led me somewhere.

Travis' POV

I led her towards the forest, a place I'd always felt safe at. I brought her to the cliff and we sat down.

"Wow, this is amazing Travis!" Katelyn exclaimed excitedly. I smiled at how happy she was.

"This is one of my favorite spots," I replied turning my head towards hers. She turned towards me laughing. Our eyes connected and for a split second it seemed like it was just the two of us.

"Travis,"Katelyn said uncertainly. I reached my hand up to her chin and leaned closer.

"Travis, I can't. I'm betrothed, to be married," she said looking down at her hand which was intertwined with mine.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to interfere," I murmured, a sharp pain stabbing my heart.

"I should go. Bye Travis," she said getting up slowly,"See ya."

"Bye," I said so quiet it was almost a whisper. She looked over her shoulder before she left and pulled me into a hug. I stood in her arms savoring this moment as if it were my last. I watched as she turned, her pale blue hair swaying at her sides as she walked away, leaving me as the sun set.

Word Count: 586